Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 61.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Keema Curry

LTR - - Meat Recipes

Keema Curry This is from a very old Family Circle book Classic Essential Curries and I love the recipes out of these small books they have been so good. This is what hubby cooked last Sunday with suggestions for low carb apinchofhealth.com/forum/index…2cc2e1ce01039b73570599148 Please ignore the naan and potatoes (this was hubby's plate I left the potatoes) Prep time 25 min Cook time 25-30 min Serves 4 Difficulty 1 pot (easy) Cauliflower equivalent of (2 Potatoes Peeled original recipe) 2 Tablesp…

• Hi All has anyone else had experience with the Low Carb Potatoes? I noticed at the Central Market Saturday that the potatoes hubby picked up were labelled LC (don't think he noticed). I have done a Google and this name comes up as being sold in Coles and Woolworths have one called Spud Lite. They don't offer any real information other then Coles saying they should be cooked Al Dente but also says they are good for mashing? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Regards Lea

• Pete Evans - Butter Chicken

LTR - - Chicken / Poultry

I have never made butter chicken, and never really eaten it. I made this last week for guests (one a very fussy eater) and it was a big hit. I used chicken breast because that's what I have and little less coconut milk. I have frozen the left overs in one of those sealed bag thingys that suck the air out, will be interesting to see how it reheats. Will be making this again.

• Pete Evans Pepper Beef Hotpot

LTR - - Meat Recipes

I made this on Sunday and it was so good. I did a couple of changes. No Thyme so I used Rosemary No Bone Broth I used stock powder an water (half beef half chicken) No Celery used celery salt No Silverbeet used Bok Choy I also halved the recipe because I only had 500g beef not sure if this link will work if not just google Pete's book for an example of some of the great recipes in it. Going Paleo - Pete Evans - Google Books

• Pete Evans Pepper Beef Hotpot

LTR - - Meat Recipes

Pepper Beef Hotpot Going Paleo Pete Evens 1 X 1kg beef shoulder, cut into 3 cm cubes 1 teaspoon sea salt 2 tablespoons coconut oil or other good quality fat 4 garlic cloves finely chopped 2 onions chopped 2 carrots chopped 2 celery stalks chopped 1-2 long red chillies deseeded and finely chopped plus extra sliced chilli to serve 2 spring onions chopped 1.5 litres (6cups) beef or chicken bone broth 1 teaspoon ground all spice ½ tablespoon freshly ground black pepper plus more to taste 1 teaspoon …

• Hi so I guess I should wear my glasses more, I was at a local organic market and thought I was picking up Almond flour but instead its Amaranth Flour. Can someone please tell me what I can use it for? Thanks Lea

• Hi I have seen quite a few articles on the social eating lately (not just eating with overweight peopled) and as we do have a very active social life I have been taking more notice and for me personally I have found I tend to eat less when we eat out or have friends over. But one of my friends is very overweight (and is happy that way) and I do find that when we go out she tends to comment on how little or much I eat usually with a look how much you ate good girl lol which then makes me feel gui…

• Hi All I have read a couple of articles that say eating with overweight people make us eat more and make bad food choices I have wondered if this is really true. Today I came across this article that is actually saying eating with anyone can lead us to eat more. Would love to know what people think about this or any personal experience. Regards Lea (Sherrie please remove if not allowed) Why eating with other people makes us fat | Life and style | The Guardian

• Re: Todays Posts in the forum

LTR - - Geek Forum

Sorry to be a problem but I was in the Induction Recipes section under Veg Recipes Cabbage Hash Browns and when you click on both those links it comes up with an error on a Japanese website.

LTR - - Geek Forum

Thanks Sherrie, just thought I would let you know you have far more important stuff to deal with at the moment, I just clicked on the diets tab at the top and go the same error. Hope all is going good with Gary and Maya Lea

LTR - - Geek Forum

Hi I am unable to see new posts it comes up with an error Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_DEC in /post.php on line 269 is this just my machine? Thanks Lea

• Re: Tingly Feet

LTR - - Health

Thanks Sherrie no we don't think so I got him to ask when he went to the doctor last week and they are going to to some blood tests when we come home from holidays Lea

• Tingly Feet

LTR - - Health

Hi my husband gets tingles in his feet mainly at night and cant keep still (not a crap). I'm not sure if I read Magnesium or potassium or some such could help? any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks Lea

• Re: Easy Home made Yoghurt

LTR - - Low Carb Recipes

Hi Sherrie Beck is fine with it I asked first. Lea

• Easy Home made Yoghurt

LTR - - Low Carb Recipes

Hi All I have seen some of you talking about making your own yoghurt, while I don't do it a good friend of mine has lost 27+ Kg over the last 3 years by clean eating and lots of exercise so thought I would share her recipe with you. (Sherrie please move if its not in the right section or delete link if I shouldn't share it) beckhomemade.blogspot.com.au/2012/07/homemade-yoghurt.html Quote: “Homemade Yoghurt While checking out past recipes on my favourite blogs, I came across this recipe for Home …

• Re: Protein bars / snacks

LTR - - Low Carb Beginners

Hope this doesn't post twice now. If you shop online these guys quite often have Atkins and Aussie Body products on special, there delivery is a little slow. Sherrie please delete if I am not meat to post this. (hope link works) groceryrun.com.au/?utm_source=…st&utm_campaign=dailydeal Lea

• Hi Does anyone use nuts for there protien snacks? how does it affect your weight lose? I have a container of raw almonds in my back and find this as an easy snack while at work I usually have about 6 as I find Im not really hungry anyhow. As theres are a natural food surly they would be better then a protien bar which is my other quick go to snack. Lea

• Hi Sherrie and All yes Im still here and have loved reading everyones journies and will be back after Mad March. I actually just assumed that the diarys could only be accessed by registered users and members so I just did a google with my user name and BT and guess what came up??? yep this site and then it gave me the option to see results including apinchofhealth and it showed threads I had commented on if I took out the BT then my diary came up so took awhile but got there. Have a great day Le…

• My Ticker shows it has not been updated in 80 days I cant figure out how to recove it can I get it back or do I need to creat a new one ?

• I would normally follow it up with a PO day and class it as my free day or do what Sherrie said and just have one free meal on your free. We all slip up sometimes but dont be to hard on yourself just stay focused on your goal. Good Luck Lea