Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 21.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Re: Low Carb Breakfast Ideas

melting away - - Egg Recipes

made them for my husband for breakfast this morning. it was so filling. he ate some and said they were great. will use only 1 egg next time, i think because it was really rich with the cream and the cheese. YUM

• Re: Low Carb Breakfast Ideas

melting away - - Egg Recipes

Just logged back into this thread and remembered the easy eggs recipe. I want to try it tomorrow morning. I am going to do the layered approach. Wish I had discover this last year when I started Atkins and was sick of eggs the same way every days during induction.

• Hi Kel, you are a great motivator.

• Re: Hi from Melbourne!

melting away - - Introduce Yourself

They are like a long cinnamon donut that you dip in chocolate. First ate them at Disney land with kids and then discovered them here. They are fried but FULL of carbs. But I had them last week for the last time in a long time. My coffee even came with a chocolate that I gave to my friend. I don't need them any more

sitting in San Churro with friends. they are eating churros and I am having half an Atkins bar. boo hoi

thanks. I think I should do it that way too.

Hi Sherrie, have you tried making them as a big cheese cake with almond meal base? We are going to a dinner party and it would be nice to make a dessert we can eat

• As mentioned in other thread, I made and ate one arm. It was great. Tonight I have enjoyed one again at room temp. I needed the sweet fix without the carb fix. Great treat Sherrie. Thanks

Quote from Sherrie: “Examine it to figure out your current daily carb intake and if you're losing on it and feel good stick with it.” I did loose with it originally and was happy with the product. In fact loved it. But this time I will be trying to stick strictly to the 20 grams for induction. On a different note: I ate one of the cheese cake muffins warm and it was great. It had just set and was still warm . I think I missed it.

I received notification from the bread company. They told me that there has been no change to the formulation, but they have re analyzed the nutrition info and due to seasonal changes in raw ingredients, the carb count has gone up. Too bad. I will only have a slice every other day. Sherrie, thank you for the carb/ fibre facts. I will need to reexamine my Atkins diet plans to account for this and read the panel of nutritional information with more care.

• I have just discovered this thread again And can't wait to go shopping tomorrow for the ingredients. Loved them a year ago, will love them the same now.

Hi Kellen, i just sent an very stern email to the company asking why when they changed the packaging they also almost doubled the carb count. Will wait for the outcome

• Forgot to mention that for breakfast i have one piece of the burgen weight management bread. Per two slices it has 17.3grams of carbs and 7 grams of fibre. Grams - fibre =10.3 per serve, so one slice only has 5 grams. I only eat this in the 2nd phase and beyond. ....... But recently the burgen bread company changed their packaging and with it the quantity of grams and fibre. Now the bread I have had every day for at least 8 months has 24.8 grams of carbs per serve and 6.6 grams of fibre. I feel …

• thank you for the recipe Sherrie. it looks great. might give it a go when i feel the donut urge.

• Hi Missinked, I have tried the oopsie rolls last time, the cheese cake was divine and even my non carb counter friends loved them too. I too like greek yogurt full fat, but it is something i cannot eat in induction. i will need to wait for maintenance phase. Went out for lunch with the kids and they had chips with their meal....... and i did not have any. LAst year we went a year without chips, potatoes, carrots, rice, pastry or pasta. I need to be that disciplined again. ( i used to take the fi…

• Hi 2kellen2 I started Atkins diet last year in February and lost 19 kg's. I got through the winter last year but this year I am finding it hard to stick to. I still follow the lifestyle, but occasionally indulge in a cinnamon donut......can't help myself. It was one one weakness before Atkins and it continues to be a weakness. Especially with coffee. I started on induction yesterday and failed with a donut, so started again today. Breakfast consisted of a burger patty with a egg on top. I didn't…

Hi Missinked, I too am returning after more than a year and I just wanted to say hi and good luck. Atkins really helped me meet my goal and beyond. I am back for some revision on low carb eating and cooking. Good luck

• Re: just had baby #4!!

Hi and welcome. i am on baby number 3 and trying to loose all the weight i put on from all 3 pregnancies. i am down to my last 5 kg's and finding it hard to shift these last few kilo's. i wish you all the best.

• Re: Here I go

Hi Molly, i am also partial to the odd glass of wine and miss it dearly after chasing 3 kids. I am 3.5 weeks into low carb diet (Atkins low carb), and also need to loose 13 kg's. so far so good. just found low carb flax seed bread in the recipes thread. Can't wait to try and well worth a look at the thread for more recipes. Good Luck.

• Thanks for the reply Sherrie. I will give that a try!