Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 164.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Quote from Patty: “Lovely! Thumbs up to Arcticgirl's LCHF recipe...I remember making that one a while ago...very yummy. Thanks Sherrie.” I had actually forgotten about that smoothie recipe, thanks for reminding me, Patty

• I hear Woolies has Lindt on special this week! Which means the timing is just right to try out this cake

• Re: Price Specials

arcticgirl - - Low Carb Living

Just in time for the weekend. Thanks, Sherrie

• It's Father's Day this Sunday, in other words the perfect excuse to bake a yummy cake. So why not bake one that's at the same time low-carb and actually good for you? This one here is so rich and yummy that he won't even know it's low carb Ingredients 200 g 70% chocolate 200 g butter 50 ml strong coffee 100 ml erythritol (or another sweetener) 1 teaspoon vanilla powder 3 eggs 200 ml ground almonds Procedure Break the chocolate into pieces and melt in a pan together with butter and coffee. Remove…

• Zucchini carbonara

arcticgirl - - Pasta and Noodle Recipes

I can't get enough of quick dinner suggestions, and therefore this is a new favorite of mine. Tasty and nutritious dinner in less than thirty minutes! Ingredients 2 large zucchinis 2 large chicken fillets 250 g bacon 1 tbsp butter 2 cloves of garlic 100 ml cream 3 egg yolks 5 tbsp grated parmesan cheese Salt and pepper Procedure Grate the zucchini using a julienne peeler. Fry diced chicken fillets and bacon. Whisk the egg yolks and the cream in a bowl. Fry the zucchini with the butter and the ga…

• Re: Toasties

arcticgirl - - Egg Recipes

YUM!

• Re: Low carb scones

arcticgirl - - Breakfast

Thanks, Chris I suppose that would work and that would make it even quicker! Just make sure the almond flour isn't fat reduced, because that could make a difference. However, my mini-food processor chopped the nuts a bit unevenly, so I ended up having a few chunky bits in the scones, and I actually think I prefer it to only using finely ground nuts.

• Re: Low carb scones

arcticgirl - - Breakfast

Quote from Sherrie: “Are these the kind of ones you have with Jam and cream? I love scones and it's been a long time!!!” Sherrie, I suppose this is a Norwegian version of scones. Your typical high-carb scones are fluffier as they are baked with mostly wheat flour and butter, I believe. So I guess these are not quite typical scones. But I had mine with some sugar free blueberry jam, and it tasted quite nice! Perhaps add some sweetener to the batter could work?

• Low carb scones

arcticgirl - - Breakfast

Ingredients 80 g butter 120 g cheese 4 large eggs 120 g almonds 120 g walnuts 1 teaspoon baking powder Olive oil Procedure Coat a muffin tray or large muffin cups with olive oil. Melt the butter, grate the cheese and whip the eggs lightly. Grind almonds and walnuts in a food processor. Add butter, cheese, almonds, nuts and baking powder to the whipped eggs and mix. Add a bit of water, should the batter feel too dry. (I didn't need to). Spread the mixture in a tray or muffin cups. I used a tray a…

• I love the recipe section now that it's so easy to find recipes. Thank you, Sherrie I thought I'd share a recipe for an ice cream cake that I just tried out. It is SO refreshing, and I can see this one being a hit even with my non-low carbing in-laws for Christmas. Enjoy! Ingredients Crust: 200 g hazelnuts 1 teaspoon psyllium husk fibre 1 teaspoon baking powder 3 egg whites 100 ml erythritol (the finely ground type) 50 g melted butter Ice cream 3 egg yolks 3 tablespoons (15 ml-kind) erythritol 3…

• Thanks, Sherrie I love love love the categories. It will be so easy to find inspiration here now And, what a job you've had doing all this!

• Quote from 2kellen2: “Hi AG, Don't forget to call in & update us on what you are doing next time :)” Kellen, I will make your wish come true here and now: I'm currently visiting my family in Northern-Norway. I'm feasting on healthy, home-made, local food, such as moose, trout freshly caught by my Dad and blueberries picked by myself in a field outside our cottage! I've also tried out some new recipes that will appear on my blog shortly. As LCHF is huge in Scandinavia, there are heaps of good low…

• Re: Low carb recipe section?

arcticgirl - - Low Carb Recipes

Quote from Sherrie: “Would you prefer if the low carb recipe section was divided into various categories such as meat, poultry, desserts etc Would you find that easier and would you be encouraged to use the recipe section more?” YES!!! That's an excellent idea, Sherrie! I definitely think it would be easier to find relevant recipes that way, and I would probably use the forum more that way. Some suggestions for categories: Breads, egg-recipes, chicken-dishes, fish, meat, salads, cakes, desserts …

• Salmon lasagne

arcticgirl - - Seafood Recipes

Hello everyone I thought I'd share the yummiest recipe for salmon lasagne. I came across it on a Scandinavian blog I follow, and it's so awesome that it needs to be shared with all Aussies! Fish-base 500 g salmon fillets Bake the salmon fillets with some salt and pepper on 200 degrees C for around 15 minutes. Continue with the other steps while the salmon is in the oven. Spinach-layer: 500 g frozen spinach 3 tablespoons butter 1 finely chopped red onion 2 stems of chopped spring onion A pinch of…

• Are you looking for a yummy cake to bake as a dessert for Australia day? Look no further! This low carb cream chocolate cake with almond crust and a lid of melted Lindt is so dreamy! I served it for New Year and it got a tick of approval from my low carb- skeptic extended family. It is quick an easy to make, and demands no mysterious ingredients Ingredients: 100 g almonds 75 g butter 150 ml erythritol 300 ml cream 300 g Philadelphia cream cheese 1 teaspoon vanilla powder (or vanilla-paste) 3 tea…

• Re: Lowcarbers for life

arcticgirl - - Low Carb Living

Quote from Patty: “How's LCHF affect one's cholesterol? I eat good fats only here...olive oil, seeds and nuts, avocado, peanut paste, tahini, etc and I stick to lean chicken and fish....red meat once a week only.” Patty: I'm so sorry, but I must have missed your question back in August. When people eat LCHF their HDL ("good cholesterol") tends to go up, and the triglycerides (TG) tend to go down (high TG is bad for you). Some people experience that their total cholesterol goes up a bit. The LDL …

• Re: Nannah's LCHF crispbreads

arcticgirl - - Snacks Galore

Quote from wintermum: “Best. Crackers. Ever!!! I am making these all the time- the rest of the family love them too! Have no problems at all with flax going off- they easily last 2 weeks (for a double batch). Sometimes I add some chai seeds too...because I can lol!” Glad to hear you like these, Wintermum I've never had a problem with rancid flax either. I might add some chai next time, thanks for the tip

• Re: crumbed fish

arcticgirl - - Seafood Recipes

Sounds YUM! Can't wait to try it!

• Re: Moussaka

arcticgirl - - Pasta and Noodle Recipes

Hope you enjoy it!

• YUM Actually, I have been drooling over this cake for some time now that uses a almond-crust pretty similar to this: ingridsblogg.no/?p=407418 (it's in Norwegian, but have a look at the photos for inspiration)