Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 126.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• I am starting the diet tomorrow for the entire reason that you get to eat yoghurt. Before starting atkins I was a big yoghurt fan - breakfast and snacks! If a low carb diet allows me to eat yoghurt then I am in diet heaven. I bought some forme and Nestle diet yoghurts but they still have 9g of carbs but have no sugar in them. Is this okay to eat? Just seems so weird that you are able to eat yoghurt when it has carbs in it...

• I always am heavier after a very salt or very fibre packed meal. I would give it a few days after eating high fibre stuff to weigh myself. I like the sound of this linseed and cocoa muffin—would you mind posting the recipe?

• That sounds absolutely beautiful! I think that is one of the best low carb dessert recipes I have seen as you only have to replace the sugar with splenda/stevia. The problem I find with low carb desserts is that I know other people I have over for dinner will realise its low carb cos it will be based on nuts, eggs or cheesecake and to be honest, they don't taste like real desserts so I even want to serve it up to guests. This recipe really does sound like a winner.

• Hang in there!!! I know EXACTLY how you feel as I have been pretty much going the same as you. I was 73.5 when I started so very close to you, and I got down to 66 only to put some on over christmas and only just NOW back down to 66! I will admit I haven't been on the diet the entire time, but when I have been, I have been trying really hard. What I have learnt though is that although the scales say you have gained weight, its usually just water weight. For instance, I got down to 66.3 and then …

• Re: Leek recipe

rose_willow - - Vegetable Recipes

Here is an AMAZING Jamie Oliver recipe with leeks. Slow-Cooked Leek Soldiers with Bacon 12 leeks olive oil 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely sliced Small bunch of fresh thyme, leaves picked Butter Wineglass of white wine 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock 8 slices of bacon Procedure 1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Ideally you want to use a 10-inch buttered ovenproof dish that's about 1 1/2 inches high. Trim the ends of the leeks and discard the outer two or three layers. Cut off the dark-green tops,…

• Quote from motherhen007: “oh i didn't see your post earlier. you were in melbourne i could have told you where to buy them but you can still order them. let me know if you still need them and i'll give you their details. cheers ” I actually ended up finding them in Canberra after all my troubles! They were great for awhile, but I definitely overdosed on them and only have them occasionally now.

• Maybe we should start a mid-winter challenge. Right now, my jeans are baggy and I feel really good, but am finding it hard to stay on the bandwagon when there are lovely carby winter warmers up for offer. Wouldn't it be good for us all to be down about 4kg-6kg by the first weekend in June which is when the real harshness of winter sets in? I can imagine looking awesome in tight jeans....

• Re: protein powder

rose_willow - - Low Carb Living

Quote from Akasha: “I have been looking at the health food stores for it, have been to three so far and no one here sells it. Also I think 13 dollars for a 500 gram box is too steep add to that postage and packaging.” Healthy Life stock it - ALL stores. Is there one near you? There is a recipe somewhere on this site for making your own version of a cereal with flax and sunflower seeds.

Quote from Akasha: “Is there somewhere local I can buy the whey protien isolate, say woolies or if I have to a health food shop. Does anyone know of what brands are available at shops like these to buy these things. I know you say the website is cheap but that is out of my price range and I am not going to spend 50 dollars on the stuff as all I want to do is make some low carb cerial. I am finding the cost of this stuff totally fustrating and allot of it out of my reach. I normally just buy a tu…

• Quote from pie and sauce: “I am new here and still learning my way around. Great site i have to say with some very good links too! Thank you! I wish to ask a few questions. Firstly, while i am not on a strict self imposed LB diet i do however generally follow a low carb basic eating plan. I am finding my BS is responding well to what i am doing with no meds needed. The question is...I am losing weight, weight i don’t need to lose, many people comment to me i am getting to thin. How does one main…

I don't think I will be buying the protein powder from there again based on the fact I can't get a nutritional count.

Quote from Sherrie: “You're right! Thats silly to not have it in there! You could get a rough idea by working it out by the pfc counts. For protein and carbs use 4cals per gram and for fat use 9 cals per gram.” I have done a rough estimate in my head and per 100grams its about 300cals.

Quote from Sherrie: “It is there on their website, you just need to click on the ' i ' icon next to the product. WPC WPI” Its only got fat, protein and carb count etc not any calorie count - or am I just blonde and can't see it?

Quote from sweettoothfairy: “pick me, pick me! :D” Do you want me to pop it in the post for you? More than happy to!

Does anyone know the nutritional value of the Bulk Nutrients protein powder? Would be helpful so that I could count my daily calories...

Quote from Sherrie: “Like those banana lollies eck” OH I like those banana lollies, I just don't like banana Nesquick etc. I guess banana flavoured milk is what I don't like...

Quote from Sherrie: “But thanks for offering!” I didn't try it because I don't like fake banana milk flavouring and I can imagine it tasting like that!

Quote from Sherrie: “Bah I asked for strawberry and banana and they gave me strawberry and vanilla sigh I don't see a point in trying vanilla considering it is so easy to do yourself and the banana was the one I was after for Garry to try, oh well after the choc I think I will stick with flavouring myself anyway :)” I have a banana one that I am literally going to throw out - would you like me to post it to you? I can post it from work on Monday so its no trouble and it is so light it would just…

Quote from Sherrie: “PS did you order some free samples?” Sure did. I asked for Strawberry but I got ALL flavours delivered to me so I am very happy. I can't wait to try the vanilla with some blended berries...

Quote from Sherrie: “Yeah it certainly doesn't taste yucky just way too sweet, next time I will mix half the chocolate and half unflavoured and see how that turns out. I am also thinking of using the choc as a sweetener in a cheesecake and just adding some more cocoa.” It is certainly edible. I am about to blend up some water, ice and a dash of cream with it. I figure two teaspoons of cream will give it a more milkshake type taste. There is a recipe in the protein bar section that has cream chee…