Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 32.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Ricotta Herb Cakes

dmwalsh - - Egg Recipes

Hi Moonie, I've had something like this before where the muffin pan was lined with pancetta (cut in criss cross pattern) and I'm guessing didn't contain any splenda. Denise

• Hi Sherrie, I've been having 2 slices of this bread toasted (no butter just sugar free peanut butter) for breakfast for the last 2 months and have been maintaining my current weight of 64 kilos. I don't having anymore bread during the day - am quite happy having salads etc.. for lunch. Regards Denise

• Hi Moonie, I've almost become an expert on the carb count of cottage cheese. Can't say I've come across Brownes either. What supermarket did you get the Brownes from. Its been a hot summer here so far and I'm interested in just blending some cottage cheese and diet jelly as something to have that is cold. Regards Denise

• Hi, Has anyone from Melbourne (Sam ???) come across the Paul's Continental Cottage Cheese that 0.8 per 100g's. I've tried every Coles New World and Safeway in Preston/Northcote/Brunswick and Moonee Ponds - but no luck ?? Regards Denise

• Hi, Just noticed that there is a documentary on Female Bodybuilders on Sunday night on SBS at 7.00pm - if anyone is interested. Might be a bit of inspiration before Christmas. Regards Denise

• Thanks everyone

dmwalsh - - Low Carb Living

Hi, I've found a supplier (Original Lolly Store) in Carlton (near me) that sells the chocolate, they keep it in supply for diabetics. Regards Denise

• Unsweetened Chocolate

Hi, I've seen a lot of recipes from the Atkins site etc..... that ask for unsweetened chocolate. All the cooking chocolates at the supermarket seem to contain sugar. Any help would be welcome? Regards Denise

• wheat protein isolate

Hi Sam, Sounds very promising. got this email from Soy Products yesterday - Thank you for your inquiry. We have had a few inquiries regarding low carb flour and have looked at it in some detail. Are you looking for a Dr Atkins Bake Mix look alike? Our flour is low carb but it is not low fat. Our full fat soy flours cannot be substituted directly for wheat flour in baking. Soy has no binding ability. We have looked at blending low fat, low carb flour - would you be Interested? Regards Janette Soy…

• Hi Sam, I just cover the dough - stops it sticking to the tea towel. I use a very large bowl but that mixture really does rise a lot. regards Denise

• Hi Sam, I'm at work so I don't have access to my packet of soy flour - I think by memory soy is higher than gluten, but I just had a chicken roll for breakfast ( I started at 7.00am and find I can't really eat too early in the morning - read that as I'd rather sleep in). I found the gluten flour made the rolls a bit chewy, adding the soy flour helps break that down and the rolls don't collapse after baking. Can I say that chicken roll was bliss, just like the old days when I used to eat bread et…

• Rolls (Sam's altered bread recipe) 1 cup gluten flour 1/4 cup of soy flour 1/2 cup oat bran 1 tablespoon yeast 1 cup warm water 1 tablespoon sugar 1 tablespoon olive oil 1/2 teaspoon salt Put yeast and sugar in a bowl, add warm water (the yeast 'eats' the sugar so it isn't counted as carbs). While yeast is proofing (15 minutes) mix dry ingredients together (I sifted the flours together). Then add yeast/water/sugar mixture and oil. Mix wet and dry ingredients lightly, turn onto board and knead ve…

• Hi Sweetgirl, Tried the Cheddar Griddle Cakes but instead of 5 tablespoons of Soy Flour I used 3 tablespoons of Soy and 2 tablespoons of cereal mix (Empower but I'm sure POH would also work). Tasted fine and adds some fibre. Denise

• Soy Products

Hi, I've just been looking thru a web site called soyproducts.com.au The actual business is in Bayswater Victoria. They have a recipe section that might be of interest to those that don't mind the taste of soy flour. Denise

• Low Carb Bread

Hi, I came across a website in Australia that is selling low carb products etc.... and one of the products happens to be bread. Its locarb.com.au/online. Might help those people desperate for bread (1 slice is 4. something per slice) Regards Denise

• Hi, Found this on the Empower site for all those with the cereal Margarita Pizza Serves 2 Per serve: · Grams of carbohydrate = 7.5 · Grams of protein = 28 Ingredients: · 1/3 cup Empower Foods FibreX · 1/3 cup soy flour · 1/3 cup grated tasty cheese · 1 tsp baking powder · ½ tsp salt · 1 egg · 2 tb Empower Foods LC Tomato Sauce · 2 tb fresh basil leaves, torn · 100g mozzarella cheese Method: 1. Preheat oven to 180. 2. Line pizza tray with baking paper. 3. Combine FibreX, soy flour, cheese, baking…

• Brittle Hair and Nails

dmwalsh - - Women and Health

Hi Sam, I am also allergic to shampoo - my scalp just peels off - I buy a shampoo from one of those Hair Products Shops that is Sulfate free. The brand is Mastey - works wonders. I also just use Sorbolene as a soap - it stops your skin drying out. Denise

• Hi Sam, Hi, I'm just in Northcote - was wondering where that local supermarket was that you got the hi protein flour from. Regards Denise

• Hi Sam, Recipe looks goods - but what is hi protein flour ??? Regards Denise

• Hi, Got given some Bean Thread Noodles to try. They are made from Mung Bean, Tapioca Starch & Water - made in Vietnam - Nutrition Facts on the back of pack say 8.8g of Total Carbohydrate per 100g of Noodle. The whole packet weighs 185g. Anyone tried these. Regards Denise

• Hi Called in to the Health Food Shop at Northlands yesterday (the one near Safeway) and bought some Empower Foods Low Carb Satay Sauce - $5.95. They had just sold out of the Sweet & Sour Sauce. Had it with chicken strips marinated and then baked in the over - tasted fine. Carbs 4.1g per 100ml Sugars 1.5g Fibre 3.3g Regards Denise