Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 50.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• I really find flaxseed to be indispensable. Do you have an iga? They sell the sf foods range including linseed meal (linseed is the same as flaxseed just in case you didn't realise)

• Now that you mention it, I think she did Sherrie... I dunno... oh well.. Gilly, I like folding the yolk mixture in until the colour is consistent. I don't like having chunks of white and yellow through them after cooking. As long as you whip the whites to REALLY stiff peaks and you use the cream of tartar, essential for white stability!!, you should be able to fold until you get a consistent colour mix without flattening your whites too much.

• It's great huh?! Would be perfect for caramel tarts! I never thought of that and I love caramel tarts! Let me know if you find a lc pudding recipe!

• Re: Photographing my Food

JohandBec - - The Lounge

I have been photographing too!!

• I really like her new site!! It's easier to find stuff because it's sorted into categories. You don't just have to rely on a search box to do it's job properly. I'm SO making the Cheetos recipe!!! These are what I've been craving!!!

• Oopsies will also freeze. I just freeze them in ziplock bags with a piece of "go between" (like baking paper but plastic, used for separating frozen foods), between them. Only take 10-20 secs in freezer to defrost. They do not "toast" well. If you're going to use them for cheese on toast, you will have to make sure the cheese is completely covering the oopsie, even to the point of hanging over the edges a little, otherwise they will burn before your cheese is melted. They are ok if they get a li…

• My woolies now stocks them too. They are with the asian foods. Where the hokkien and singapore cupboard noodles are.

• Caramel Sauce mmmmmmmmm

JohandBec - - Desserts and Sweets

So I've done the lemon curd cheesecake and I was looking for another non-chocolate *gasp*, non-berry/fruit variation when I thought, "hey! what about caramel?" I have to say this is DIVINE. It goes gummy in the fridge but saucy again on reheating. I put it in a ziplock bag, snipped the corner off and "injected" it throughout my cheesecake before setting in the fridge. Defintely VERY much like cheesecake shop's caramel swirl cheesecake but the caramel is a little chewier, very nice! Caramel Sauce…

• Re: Calli's Mixed Up Mexican

JohandBec - - Meat Recipes

Sounds so nice. I've been trying to get my mexican spices "right" (tasting like old el paso sachets). Haven't managed yet so I'll give your recipe a go!

• I tend to agree. The ketostick test each morning has indicated that I've remained in ketosis daily but the weight hasn't changed. I have had a piece for breaky 2 days in a row now so I'll see how it goes. I have noticed the past two cycles that approximately a week after ovulation this is happening. Grrrr @ hormones!!

• This is week 8 and all I've made sweet so far was a diet jelly/cream cheese dessert for Christmas, this latest cheesecake and a not very sweet baked ricotta one that was sliced into tiny pieces and used occasionally as a small snack. So we are doing well in the sweet department. I've found savoury breakfast is what I'm getting most sick of. I love the salad at lunch and the meat and veg at dinner. It's breakfast eggs that I'm tiring of.

• Analog06, I'm not conviced of cephalic insulin response, which is what you're referring to. There a 2 schools of thought and my jury is still out on that one. There are a lot of studies that have found a larger insulin response is experienced from a high protein meal than from something sweet containing a sweetener. I read a good rule of thumb to go by, if you're hungry after eating a sweetened food, you have probably experienced a cephalic insulin response from the sweetener. Most studies also …

• So now I'm completely confused... The nutritional panel on the back of my xylitol packet says zero carbs but everything I've read tonight says it has 75% less carbs than sugar... Sugar is 100g of carbs per 100g so does that mean I should be counting 25g of carbs for each 100g of xylitol I'm using??

• Re: Low Carb Lemon Curd

JohandBec - - Desserts and Sweets

Ooooo Sherie! Just what I'm looking for to go on top of my birthday cheesecake! I will do the xylitol/splenda combo seeing as you say it doesn't taste artificial. I really dislike spenda on it's own but I'll trust you! I have those small sachets of splenda so how many of those would equal one tablet?

• The Slim Pasta makes me feel the same if I eat too much of it. I think it's because of the vege/root(?) it is made out of. The Japanese call them 'gut sweeper' noodles. LOL

• Re: Eggs

JohandBec - - Egg Recipes

Haha yeah I know what you mean. I really love going to a party or BBQ and having no desire whatsoever to eat the bread or potato salad or pasta. And I'm loving cooking without it all too. It's chips that are my big weakness, twisties, smiths, pringles etc

• Re: Hi

JohandBec - - Introduce Yourself

LOL Caramello... that's what hubby and I keep talking about... our youngest turning 18. We'll be 45 then and it'll be time to partay! LOL Tarnie, they certainly would keep you busy! I am the eldest of 9 so I know what a big, busy family is like! That's awesome weight loss your first time around. How were you doing it then? I'm sure you'll succeed this time around too.

• Re: Hi

JohandBec - - Introduce Yourself

Hi Tarnie. Welcome. How old are your kids? I have a nearly 10, 6 and 5yo.

• Re: Eggs

JohandBec - - Egg Recipes

I came up with this after not being able to find a flourless zucchini slice that appealed to me. It is really wonderful and great hot or cold. It would suit breakfast, lunch or dinner. Bikini Slice (as my 5yo says or zucchini for us others :D) Serves 6 Ingredients 4 large or 6 regular zucchini, grated 6 rashers short cut rindless bacon, diced 6 eggs 1 onion, diced 2 cups grated cheese 1/2 cup cream 2tsp minced garlic (or 2 cloves) enough parmesan for top (about 2tb) 2tsp butter drizzle of oil fo…