Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 29.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Anyone tried this? Found it on google. Can't decide whether to make it. Mr. Peanut Sandwich Bread 1 cup natural peanut butter, smooth 3 eggs 1 Tablespoon vinegar 1/2 teaspoon baking soda 1/4 teaspoon salt 1 packet sweetener (optional) Blend peanut butter and eggs until smooth. Add in remaining ingredients. Pour into a sprayed loaf pan and smooth the top. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes. Let cool before slicing.

• Re: no bake protein pie

danyelle - - Desserts and Sweets

Anyone tried this? Sounds gross. LOL The reason I ask is a have spare cottage cheese to use up. I don't usually get it cos it doesn't seem worth the carbs but I caved in when it was on offer.

• I got the green stuff and it is really bitter. Is it true you can get a white powder which isn't bitter? Or does it just reduce the bitterness? My fave sweetner right now is Luo Han Guo It tastes like toffee. I use it in ice cream (low carb of course). Gorgeous.

• Re: Low Carb Lemon Curd

I made the original recipe. Great lemon curd. Used it in a cake. Thinking about adding a little gelatin and making tartlets with it.

• I made this for a birthday cake. Followed the recipe exactly. I made it on the day and it is good that I did as I dished it up warm and it was REALLY REALLY nice. When it was cold it just wasn't as good, so I warmed it a little and it was just amazing again. Great cake.

• Re: Meringue / Pavlova

I'm with Sherrie on this. Tried endlessly (varying things like vinegar, sweetner type and cream of tartar) and they start out crisp then soften....

• Plus the minimal carbs for the lemon curd and the almond meal pastry.... obviously. So that's about 20g carb in the entire lemon meringue pie? Is that right?

• Quote from Sherrie: “Danyelle, back in 2002 I made that pavlova and it worked but it had a yellow tinge from the splenda, tasted like pav though. However, I have since tried it and some other pav recipes a try using splenda and xylitol and I have had no luck, the sweetener weeps out whilst it is cooking. ” Hi Sherrie, I wondered if you used the Splenda tabs or the splenda sugar? I'm gonna try the lemon meringue first but with the splenda sugar. 1/4 cup of sugar for 6 egg whites so by my reckonin…

• OK here is the recipe I mentioned above - finally got to my old recipe book. Lamb Kleftiko (Slow cooked Greek Lamb) You'll need a really large roasting dish for this. 8 small-medium lamb chops (or anything really, my recipe was originally for a leg joint) 4 medium tomatoes (or any size or number you want really) chunked into quarters 2 large corguettes/zucchinis (or any size or number you want really) - sliced into thick rounds 2 large potatoes - chunked into roastie size (more or less if you ar…

• Quote from Sherrie: “abc.net.au/gippsland/stories/s368508.htm Degree of difficulty: Medium Preparation Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 1 hour You need: 2 cauliflowers (roughly diced) 1 leek, white part only (roughly diced) 5 bacon rashers (roughly diced) 1 litre chicken stock 1/2 tbsp cumin 1/2 tbsp curry powder 30ml extra-virgin olive oil salt & pepper Method: Sweat leek, bacon and cauliflower with cumin and curry powder in oil for 5-10 mins. Add chicken stock and simmer until cauliflower is sof…

• The egg and spinach pie looks good - did you try it?

• LOL Is that a joke - I can barely afford 1 iceburg lettuce let along enough to retrieve "cups" from. LOL

• P.S. Are they white or black poppy seeds?

• This looks good but I'm missing the poppy seeds. Do they add much do you think? Is the mustard just normal yellow english mustard powder or something different? I'd have it with cauliflower rice. I have all my curries with cauli rice.:D

• I get frozen swede (the orange type) and boil that up with the cauli for mashing... It lifts it a bit and it is very low carb for what it is.

• Hi guys, I have searched but not found any - I'm looking for protein bars made with chocolate and/or vanilla whey protein. I'd like ti in the microwave and kinda chewy. Anyone got any tried and tested recipes? They are so I can grab them and take them to work with me for a snack. I used to eat loads of fruit as a snack and now I'm missing it (because here in the UK is spring time and it's making me think of summer)......

• So this isn't like a sponge - is it chewy then?

• Quote from Snez: “Those recipes were yummy!!” Anyone got a decent low carb eclair recipe? I'm guessing the lowcarbiseasy paid-for cookbook just says carbalose or some kind of bake or pudding mix like most do... I was thinking of experimenting with vanilla flavoured oopsies.

• Re: Pork Larb

danyelle - - Low Carb Recipes

Quote from Sherrie: “Another simple one: Pork Larb ...Toss with herbs and serve in lettuce cups” I wonder how you can make a cup from lettuce to serve such things in?!:confused: