Search Results

Search results 1-19 of 19.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Arggh! Why do I keep self sabotaging myself?? Went to a concert last night where my partner brought me normal beer (NOT low carb) without even thinking i drank it. Then about 15 minutes after I realised 'oh cr*p'! I dont think I have formed this diet into a daily habit as yet in regards to drinking. Its only been 9 days but I seem to 'forget' sometimes that I cant drink beer/juice/wine like I used too. On the other hand I am so strict with my food! Oh well, one small slip up, lets hope that its …

• Quote from Ralowe: “OK, sorry for my no sugar snap the other day, i finished my 3 day detox, though went day 4 just to teach myself a lesson!! lol. hoped on the scales today i have lost 2.3kgs, so i'm happy now!! (yay for me)...i found that i was to tired to do my steps were as b4 i started BT i was hitting the gym 3 days a week as well as walking at home, i hope my energy levels return soon, i'm starting back tomorrow. Keep smiling!! Ra :)” Hey Ra, no problems with the sugar snap! Mine defintel…

• Afternoon all BT'ers. After a computer crash on the weekend I am finally back online. So here are my figures from my 1st week on BT. Starting day - Monday 68.8kg Saturday - 66.6kg Sunday - Naughty day Monday - 68.0kg (PO day however) I refuse to jump back on the scales until Saturday! So after all that I am so suprised how much a 'damage' a naughty day does. I had normal brekie, 5 low carb beers, 1 cider, tapas platter (with bread), chicken caeser salad (with croutons) and 2 caramel tim tams! Oh…

• Thanks Sherrie, in the BT book they state that the weight should be uncooked. Im wondering if the difference in the calorie counts on bodytrim are soley to do with the way it is cooked, ie they assume that you use oil and this increases the calories. Dont really understand why the large change in protein though?!

• Hi Sherrie. I see you are pushing a low carb diet for better diabetes management? I could not agree with you more! I understand a lot about this area, not because I have diabetes but because I am a Medical Scientist who does a lot of teaching in the biochemistry behind diabetes (things such as carb intake, insulin secretion, insulin resistance, obesity and type 2 diabetes). I am a firm believer that the reduction in carbohydrates leads to lower insulin levels and this in its self would be benefi…

• Hi all...and welcome to the newbies. I too am a newbie only on day 4 of BT and all going well so far. I couldn't help but jump on the scales after my first 3 days of detox -- and noticed a 2kg loss! Wow! Now i know this is mainly fluid, but talk about motivation!!! My first weigh in is tomorrow, as Saturday will be my naughty day!! So on to the 'real' food today. I must admit I felt naughty having 1 piece of 9 grain bread with breakfast and a tomato, but yum yum yum!! Funnily enough I was actual…

• Thanks for your message Sherrie. I am only weighing purely for the weight and not to calculate calories etc. I am on bodytrim and I have to eat 100g of protein serve for dinner. When I have roast chicken i obviously have to weigh the cooked weight, so why should this change for other meats?? I'm just still hungry and I dont want to feel like I am "ripping myself off" with the amount of meat I can really eat. What does everyone else do?

• Hi there, I have searched the forums to no avail, but if you can point me in the right direction then ignore this new message! I just popped 4 steaks in the frypan, 2 were 150g for partner, 1 was 65g and the other was 100g. After I had cooked them the weights were significantly less and I actually ended up eating both the 100g and 65g portions (total weight ~ 110g). Which is the correct weight? Before or after cooking? Cooking must only remove the water and therefore wouldn't change the calorie …

• Hi Fee and others! Well day 2, not too bad. A little more hungry today then yesterday though. I have drunk about 2.5L of water and am just in the process of cooking my 100g piece of (TINY!) steak for dinner. So shattered last night when that was all that was on my plate. My future hubby had a chuckle as he scoffed down his corn on the cob and mashed potato...mmm mashed potato!! Anyways...1 more day to go. Can't wait till i can eat salads for dinner, our heatwave in Adelaide doesnt really make me…

• Re: Is it the sticks?

lozzie - - Ketosis and Ketosticks

Hi shelly, I am involved in urology (Medical Scientist - researcher) and i know the sticks you are talking about very well. I have measured my urine with them (Combur7 is the name) and found havent noticed any colour change on the ketone section. Im not quite sure of the levels that the actual ketosticks measure. Not sure if I am in ketosis as im only on day 2 of BT induction, but will let you know if i notice a change!

• I also a no added sugar cordial addict. I find that drinking 3L of water a day gets me down because it is so boring and flavourless! Once I have drunk my 1L bottle of water, and then have a 1L bottle of very dilute cordial and then try to squeze in another bottle of water. It just breaks up the monotomy and it defintely hasnt hindered me in the past!!

• Hi Sherrie...I'm in Aldgate! Dont think I could live anywhere but the hills, so spoilt up here!! What a small world!

• We live in the Adelaide hills, so not entirely suburbia. We have 2 chooks, the only problem up our way is foxes. We have to make sure they are locked away at night and the cage has to be very 'fox proof'. Also I refuse to feed them (leave it to the future hubby) because they attract mice from all the spare food laying around. Apart from that its great, we just feed them all of our vege scraps and in return they give us beautiful fresh eggs. I cant eat those cage eggs, they just dont taste the sa…

• Hi new starters. Im on my first day today, no problems so far and defintely no hunger pains as yet! How are you going on it?

• By the way...its now lunch time on my first day, 100g of my favourite food...Roast chicken! And you call this a diet!?!!! Yum! Cant wait for my boiled egg for arvo snack and my steak for dinner!!

• Hi Fee and charliekat Your ticker Fee inspires me, as clearly we have very similar weight loss goals, I hope you dont mind me asking...but how tall are you? I am short (5'2"). I used to do Tony Ferguson and had great luck on it, but was sick of shakes and wanted REAL food, some people on there were shocked when i said i wanted to get to ~54kg but when you are short and a fine build (like myself) anything over 60kgs and i just look stumpy!!! Good luck getting that last kg off, I bet you cant wait…

• Hi forum.. I am new to the BT programme, just started my first day today (mmm bacon and egg for brekkie!!) I wont be an avid poster, im trying to finish of my thesis for uni and I find if I trawl through these message boards I get super distracted because they are so interesting! I am basically just going to use this message board to post my weekly weight losses and clarify things that I find confusing as everyone on here seems so knowledgable about it all!! If I use this board to post my weight…

• This may in the forums, but there is so much info here I dont know where to start! Im starting BT on Monday with the three days of NO carbs. So a quick question...am I allowed to use my a protein shake (carb content ~ 1g) twice a day as my snack?? My total carb intake would be less than 5g/day but does it have to be 0g? Thanks!

• Another newbie!

lozzie - - Introduce Yourself

Afternoon all. I stumbled across this website yesterday and it seemed a perfect compliment to my weight loss goals. The only diet I have tried is Tony Ferguson, I managed to lose 9kg in ~11 weeks but over the past 14 months all but 2kgs have creeped back on. !!! After not much convincing from my friends (and seeing their success) I am going to start the BT diet on Monday. I am a carb addict, toast for brekkie, sandwich for lunch and pasta/rice etc for dinner. I constantly look like I am pregnant…