Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 25.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Hello

LindyJane - - Low Carb Living

Hi Michelle, Protein shakes are the best for breakfast. Not just because they are so easy but if I am every running late for work I can have it once I am there. My shopping basket consists of eggs, cheese, tofu, meat alternatives, tahini and loads of salad / vegie stuff (ie lettuce, tomato, mushrooms, celery, green beans, broccoli) You will find that when you are eating 5-6 meals a day, then you don’t get a lot of time to snack in between because for you know it is time to eat again. Also if you…

• Vegetarian LC can be done

LindyJane - - Low Carb Living

Hi Michelle, I disagree with people who say that you can not do a vegetarian Atkins I am a vegetarian and find that LC is not a problem. I have just started back on to my induction phase (as I went a bit wild while on holiday) and have not had any problems finding food to fit my requirements. I do not eat any meat, only eggs and dairy. There are plenty of meat alternatives out there, as well as Tofu and TVP. They might contain some carbs but it is not that many that the diet is impossible to fol…

• Weight Training

LindyJane - - Fitness and Exercise

So if I wanted to concentrate on losing body fat, should I just do light weight sessions and more cardio, instead of heavy weights. Or eliminate my weigh training altogether? Lindy

• Weight Training

So if I wanted to concentrate on losing body fat, should I just do light weights and more cardio, instead of heavy weights. Or eliminate my weigh training altogether.

• Weight Training

I do weight training at least 3 days a week and can not imagine life without it. However, I read an interesting comment today 'you can't lose fat and gain muscle at the same time' on the website stumptuous.com/cms/index.php This has me confused. Lindy

• Sanuk

Thanks Sanuk, I thought that the percentages where a bit weird. I do my cardio at 60-70% and have got nice results. I don't think I would even work up a sweat if I was in the 50-60% range. Lindy

• Muscle Gowth - help

Thanks Fiona

• Hi everyone, I lent my heart rate monitor to my colleague and explained that to burn fat she needs to keep her heart rate between 60-70% of her max heart rate. So she then got onto the Sue Stanley Website [edit: they shut up shop] to find out her fat burning zone. However, Sue site states the following: The Fat-Burning Zone: 50%-60% of your Max HR The Comfort Zone: 60%-70% of your Max HR Does anyone know what the ‘Comfort Zone’ is?

• Muscle Gowth - help

Can someone please explain to me how one develops more muscles. See I have been reviewing my weight training sessions and that has got me thinking. Is it better to use heavy weights for 6-8 reps or medium weights for 10-12 reps? Also do you have to take each muscle to failure or just challenge it? Lindy

• Will do. Thank you

• Need Help

LindyJane - - Pasta and Noodle Recipes

Hi Jess, I tried to cook these on the weekend but they kept breaking up when placed in the boiling water. I think there was too much moisture. What type of Ricotta chesse did you use? I used the smooth one but I am convinced that that must have been the problem as I drain the spinach well. Any help would be greating appreciated as they sound really yummy. Lindy

• That would be great Rossana

• I actually wanted to get a treadmill first but found out that it was going to cost me too much so I have decided to go for the bike. I like the idea of looking in the papers to see what is available. I did not think of that. Thanks Guys. Lindy

• I looked on the Fitbiz website this morning and it seemed pretty good. I was looking to get a bike asap and then building up a home gym as well.

• Does anyone know where I can hire or buy exercise equipment at a reasonable price. I am mainly looking for a exercise bike at the moment, but would like to start pricing weights. Lindy

• Help with Muffins

LindyJane - - Low Carb Recipes

I decided to try and cook the muffin mix in a small cake tin (and cut it into 6 pieces) to see if that made any difference to cooking it in the muffin tins. It seems that they worked out better, although I have no idea why, but I am not complaining. Since that worked out well, I become a bit more adventurous and decided to add some protein powder. Not only did it taste yummy, but it stayed moist as well. I just used cream cheese this time, but next time I will add some cream as well. Now the pro…

• Help with Muffins

I am eating one now and they are really yummy. Much better then last night, but I think that I won't add the cream next time.

• Help with Muffins

Thanks. Will do

• Advise on muffin recipe

Well I decided to cook some more muffins last night as I am determined to get them right. I used the basic mix and added 150gms of philly cheese which was really yummy, but they were a bit moist. Can some one please advise me what I need to do to fix them. 1 cup of PoH Low Carb Muffin Mix 2 tspn baking powder 2 eggs 12 Splenda Tablets (crushed) 50ml cream 100ml water 150gm philly cheese Mixed all dry ingredients. Blended wet ingredients then added them to the dry mixture. Baked for 30 minutes at…

• Advise on muffin recipe

Well I decided to cook some more muffins last night as I am determined to get them right. I used the basic mix and added 150gms of philly cheese which was really yummy, but they were a bit moist. Can some one please advise me what I need to do to fix them. 1 cup of PoH Low Carb Muffin Mix 2 tspn baking powder 2 eggs 12 Splenda Tablets (crushed) 50ml cream 100ml water 150gm philly cheese Mixed all dry ingredients. Blended wet ingredients then added them to the dry mixture. Baked for 30 minutes at…