Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 26.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Keto sticks

cate1898 - - Low Carb Beginners

I bought mine on amazon.

• Sorry to hear about your partner's illness. Hope it continues to stay at bay.

• Wow! the fibre content is higher than the carb content, so net carbs are ZERO!! I doubt they sell this in Canada, but I'm going to look!! EDIT: Doesn't look like it.

• Definitely will be easier at home. A 38' (or 11.6 meter) trailer that we stay in while in Florida has a much smaller kitchen and so cooking/baking etc will be easier. Also I know where to look for ingredients in recipes that are not as common. I'm going to try your Tarragon chicken recipe soon. Just have to hope I can find fresh tarragon! Your recipe looks sooooo yummy!!

• I am 75.56 kg as of this morning. Glad to be home! Now to stay focused!! April: * Week * SW * 1 * 2 * 3 * 4 * Nicmyers * 111.0 * * * * * Kezzah62 * 86.3 * * * * * Carleen * 81 * * * * * Bean * 230lbs * * * * * Bignhappy * 103 * * * * * Mark * 109 * * * * * Cate * 85.95 * * * 75.56 * * Strawberry * 73.4 * * * *

• Share Your Low Carb Meal Pics

cate1898 - - Low Carb Living

apinchofhealth.com/forum/index…56ee511fb1782c7dc9f0a23d6 Got my julienne peeler (Oxo Spiralizer-brand name) in the mail the other day. Last night I made Zoodles Alfredo. YUM! I tried the shirataki, but couldn't get over the texture. Food is all about texture (and taste) to me. So zoodles are an awesome substitue for pasta! I'll definitely make this again. I think I'll mix in a bit of spiralized carrots for colour though. Wondering if I can spiralize eggplant? I'll try!

• No change again this week for me. Probably safe to say there won't likely be until some time after April 10th when we arrive home after 3 months away!

apinchofhealth.com/forum/index…56ee511fb1782c7dc9f0a23d6 Found this recipe somewhere online. Sooooo easy. Buy a package of sliced processed cheese and cut a slice into 16 tiny squares. Place on parchment and microwave for 30-60 seconds depending on your microwave power. I put some spices etc on them before microwaving. Pictured top left going clockwise: with; Chives, toasted sesame seeds, chili seasoning, paprika, and in the middle dried parsley. In my opinion, the toasted sesame seeds were far …

Wow, what a coincidence! I just ordered an OXO spiralizer from Amazon this morning cause I MISS NOODLES!! Supposed to get it Tuesday, so Wednesday is going to be zoodles and meatballs in tomato sauce. Can't wait!

• There has been no change in my weight. I must admit I've been indulging a bit with either some wine or a couple of rye & diet pepsi's and I have read that it will stall any weight loss. I really shouldn't be drinking at all if I want to lose, but it's my last few weeks in Florida before we leave to go home to Canada. March: * Week * SW * 1 * 2 * 3 * 4 * Nicmyers * 111.0 * * * * * Kezzah62 * 86.3 * * * * * Carleen * 81 * 76.1 * 75.9 * * * Bean * 230lbs * * 218 * * * Bignhappy * 103 * * * * * Mark…

Here is a dish I made called Creamy Lemon Spinach Chicken. Just delicious and according to my hubby 'restaurant-worthy'. apinchofhealth.com/forum/index…56ee511fb1782c7dc9f0a23d6 Sherrie you posted a pic in post #8 of some sort of meat in gravy and green beans. What is that and where can I find the recipe? It looks yummy!

• Hello

cate1898 - - Introduce Yourself

Welcome to the forum from another newbie! Just thought I'd make a comment, not sure if it's relevant to you or not. I found doing low carb that the first week or two I was losing, then I started going up. However on looking at the calorie count of what I was eating and doing more research into it, I decided in addition to staying low carb that I'd try restricting my calories also. Then I started losing again, albeit not quickly, but definitely in the right direction. If you find you can do it wi…

• I finally broke the 170 lb mark. 169 lbs this morning! = 76.6 kg March: * Week * SW * 1 * 2 * 3 * 4 * Nicmyers * 111.0 * * * * * Kezzah62 * 86.3 * * * * * Carleen * 81 * 76.1 * 75.9 * * * Bean * 230lbs * * 218 * * * Bignhappy * 103 * * * * * Mark * 109 * * 107.5 * 107 * * Cate * 85.95 * 78.29 * 77.29 * 76.6 * * Test * * * * *

• I'm finding lots of words and things I don't understand that I have to google to find. I didn't realize that Aussie's used such different words than us Canucks! After all, we're both Commonwealth countries! However we in Canada are so influenced by the US being so close geographically. Ah well, makes it more interesting as I read posts!! LOL

• This recipe sounds delish! Going to try it for sure. Question: When you refer to 170* 'fan forced' are you referring to baking with convection?

• I'm exercising 4-5 times a week at various activities. I bought a gym membership for when I return to Canada mid April.

• I sort of have thyroid issues - I am post Graves disease and due to this had my thyroid nuked. Which if I understand it correctly means it is still there but basically non-functioning. I am on meds for life. My GP checks me once a year but only looks at base numbers (I think it's the T3 or T4 - can't remember off hand). I am sure if one is lucky enough to go to an Endocrinologist or other detailed doc that they would fine tune it more. I am not eating low fat. I am doing 5% carbs, 20% protein, a…

• Keto sticks

cate1898 - - Low Carb Beginners

I bought myself some keto sticks to measure ketones. Unfortunately I didn't have them right away when I started low carbing and it was perhaps 2 weeks or so into it that I got them in the mail. Since then I have not noticed any marked ketosis on the sticks. I have read somewhere online that after a while of being in ketosis it won't register in the urine (can't remember the reasoning) and you would have to use blood test strips as diabetic people do. Not sure I want to start pricking my finger t…

• Thanks Sherrie! I think reporting weight on here and seeing it on a chart is adding a bit more motivation. So far so good at least!

• I'm not sure exactly how much I lost since beginning of January. I started on a diet on November 19, 2015 and it took me over a month to go down 4.31 kg. Then with Christmas and packing to get ready to go down to Florida for 4 months I really wasn't very focused on dieting until a month later when I began LCHF on January 26. Since then I have lost another 4.35 kg. My progress has not been fast at all. I'm not sure why I am losing so slowly as I am only eating 15 net carbs, and 1200 calories per …