Search Results

Search results 1-11 of 11.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Re: Fat gain on CKD

banga - - Low Carb and CKD/Refeeding

Thanks alot for the site; and your help, much appreciated... As it shows I have a lot to learn about low-carbing...

• Re: Fat gain on CKD

Lol, Thanks... Its funny because it feels like I have gotten double as fat overnight I guess it probably has more to do with my head as this was the first time I went from low carb to carb-feed... Probably sounding like an idiot now lol... Anyways so far my body fat is in the low teens and I am looking to drop it down to 5-8% body fat, without loosing lean muscle mass. So would it be better to stick it out for a while as is? Another quick question about exercise in case I have missed it, I know …

• Fat gain on CKD

Hi Guys, First of all wondering if anybody has had massive fat gain with the CKD? Basically I finished my first 2 weeks of low carb and got to my first carb re-feed, in that day I gained a considerate amount of fat. I know it is said that some people may experience some fat gain the first couple of times they do re-feed's but I am wondering if this tendency dies down or dies out eventually? And also is the weekly re-feed OK or should I push it back a bit further, basically I go to the gym 5 days…

• Oh and also just wanted to confirm that the p-husk is 0 net carbs right??? Got scared after looking at the packet as it was not already taken off... I brought the woolworths select one. Also this stuff is majic, fills me up in seconds!!!

• Quote from Sherrie: “Why not just just real butter and cold pressed olive oil?” Lol, could do that. Just thought that the spread would be better health wise and less calories. Not a fan of butter so I'll probably use olive oil spray.

• Another quick question to add to the list from me is can spreads like olive oil based spread be used for cooking with? I know they have high concentrations of water so they won't last long, but in regards to changing theier properties is there any risk of that at all? Thanks for the help everyone!!!

• Quote from janal: “Hi Banga, No better advise than what's already been given, but I will add in the fluid equation. I know for me my body gets confused between needing fluid or food, I very badly choose food. I don't drink enough. So maybe when your feeling hungry it may be your body asking for fluid, so drink up and see if that helps. Cheers” Hi Janal, Thanks for the advice, but I am sure its not fluids for me; reason being I am drinking at least 10 cups daily sometimes like yesterday 12 or eve…

• Thanks Sherrie and jojoamethyst... I must admit since starting this diet I have missed out on a lot of veggies mainly due to being scared of going over the carb count, however from tomorrow I will get back into them. I thought cottage cheese was high in carbs, thus I stayed away from it; is there any particular brands that is particularly low in carbs? I'm not quite sure what could be causing the cravings, I guess the bacon could be the cause, bran I doubt because I have been substituting bran i…

• Hi all, First off I hope this is in the right section... First of all I will say that I have not been on the low carb diet long (Cyclic Ketogenic Diet), it has really only been just over a week and I started by reducing the carbs slowly. Basically one day 70, next day 60 and now am eating 30 carbs a day. Now I understand that you may feel week and tired for a week or so before the body properly adjust which is fine, however when it comes to eating a certain number of calories a day at present I …

• Oh and if anyone wants to see what I am eating and how check out me public diary through calorie king on the following link My public Diary to view nutritional intake

• Hi all! New to low carb diets only just started mine very recently as of a few days ago really lol... My main objective is to loose body fat (not weight) and to try something new as well. There is a few things that I am still confused about whcih I will ask soon and confirm with this community. I hope to gain advice, be able to help in any way and prosper through this diet/community... Cheers