Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 301.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Hi Livvy , no those ones are not the same noodles that I bought . I will buy them again next time I go into town and put the details up. the ones I buy are actually really yummy and have 0 carbs.

• It has been so long since I have been here , so not sure if I have posted this before. In woolworths you can now get the 'miracle noodles' , they are not called that though but are the exact same thing. Zero carbs?calories and taste yum , great for stirfries etc. They can be found in the asian noodle section. Just trying to find the name but realised I just used the last pack the other day. They are in a green packet and packed in water , they are actually a root vegetable from memory and need t…

• Re: Hiya

Daisy - - Introduce Yourself

Welcome M and all the very best with your LC journey

• Quote from ScrappyKat: “I used 1/5 cans of coconut milk. Keep in mind that some of the soup was used for dh's dinner and I have left overs for tonight. Usually I'd use 1/2 a can for one person. I put it on the heat and added red curry paste, stirred to mix. Then I added 1 bok choy and some snow peas till they started to soften. Then I put in piles of green prawns. When they were pink, I took out dh's share, and added the rinsed and drained noodles. I cooked it a bit longer, and served it up in a…

• Quote from ScrappyKat: “I finally used the noodles tonight. They are quite good. I made them in a prawn curry soup, and they are quite filling, I could only have about half the packet, leftovers for dinner tomorrow night, nom nom.” That sounds great Scrappy , how did you make the soup ?

• Re: buying Ketosticks

Daisy - - Ketosis and Ketosticks

How RUDE , it is none of his business to quiz you on your diet . I am diabetic so they just give them to me with no hassle , but I don't get them any cheaper . They are about the same price as the website. Just say that they are for a diabetic friend next time . I know pharmacists are there to guide and advise you on products but he went abit far i feel . Especially when so many chemists are now stocking Trim Shakes etc .

• Re: Low Carb Take Away

Daisy - - Low Carb Living

Quote from Stina: “Hi guys, Just following this thread and was wondering...with the kebab in a plate (without the bread), can you eat all of it? It seems like a lot to eat and still stay under carbs/cals etc. Thanks heaps :D” Oh yeah , it is my absolute favourite , but sometimes they add heaps of hommus so I just have a tiny amount as I am not sure if the carbs in that one .

• Quote from Sherrie: “It's a cookbook with contributions from a lot of folks that follow Atkins or similar so might be a really good buy and I know Jennifer has great recipes from her blog. Low Carbing Among Friends Cook Book” Just had a looksie at the site , the book looks amazing and it is quite a decent price . Thanks for the recipes Sherrie and the heads up about the book

• Re: Are USians allowed here?

welcome.gif Amazing weight loss , well done , keep your determination and you WILL succeed . I wish you all the very best with your low carb journey

• Re: Dessert...

Daisy - - Desserts and Sweets

Thanks Daisy for the recipe , they look yummy

• Re: Kids and Low Carb

Daisy - - Low Carb Beginners

Hi Tash Just wondering how your son is going ? Is he still LC'ing and has he lost the 4-5 kilos ?

• Re: Jane Kennedy Recipes

Daisy - - Low Carb Recipes

Thanks guys for this thread , I for one am going to buy her OMG book , the recipes look like they would suit my family and myself just fine

• Thanks Scrappy I can't wait to see of my Woolies stock them . Let us know what they taste like when you get some

• Quote from Sherrie: “I don't like buying foods from the deli sections of any supermarkets, they either intentionally label a more expensive product, give you off raw chicken etc or they cross contaminate. I remember buying some neufchatel once for a cheesecake because it was on special and they cut it with a dirty knife that they had used on some sort of pate product. I opened it and found it covered in pate!” YUK ....that is just wrong , hope you took it back . I bought a chicken from the meat …

• Dave I am trying desperately hard to get back into Atkins , I am having a few motivational problems but will win in the end . I wish I had your determination , you seem to stick to it easily . Oh well I WILL get there again and my waist will start to reward me with shrinkage when I do

• Quote from Sherrie: “Daisy, if you feel it might help keep you motivated, give it a go and let us know how you go Do you know much about the program?” Thanks Sherrie I am currently studying it now , at the start it involves meal replacement shakes etc for 2 meals a day but then a lovely healthy low carb meal at night . I just got back from buying the 14 pack of shakes and it includes a 7 day free pass to the online help and information . Tonight I am having crisp pan fried atlantic salmon with l…

• Re: Low Carb & Metformin

Daisy - - Low Carb Living

I was originally on Metformin but it gave me bad stomach problems , so the DR changed it to Diabex XR (which is a slow release Metformin) ........wella no more problems . All the very best with your low carb journey

• Just considering giving this program a go , anyone ever tried this program ? I have looked up the recipes and they seem quite healthy and lowcarb if you choose the right ones . Hmmm what to do !

• Re: Hello - another newbie

Welcome I wish you all the very best with your LC journey

• Re: Beware: Apples from China!

Daisy - - Health

We can always rely on fruit/vegies grown in Australia to be at a very high standard . Apples have been $8 per kilo here for quite some time now and I am guessing with the floods they will only get higher . It is hard for many people and I guess they will be tempted by the cheaper overseas products , but at what cost to themselves and their kids health . Thanks for the heads up Sherrie on which apples to definately avoid