Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 34.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Re: G'day Everyone!

sld - - Introduce Yourself

Just checking in quickly. We have all been down last week with a severe bout of Gastroenteritis (my 2 girls brought it back from their father's house - nice of them!). DH was hit hardest and lay in bed all weekend. He got plenty of exercise bolting from the bed to the toilet, though. Broke the land speed record a few times too! Managed to get him on the scales and he's down to 124.4kg which is not surprising as he barely ate although he did well to keep his fluids up which he really needed. He's…

DH weighed in yesterday morning. Down to 126.0 kg.

Hi Guys, For some reason email didn't notify me there were responses to my post otherwise I would've been back sooner. That might be a possiblity Sherrie. I will check with him and see. Would certainly help the household budget, he tried one of thise Subway wraps, it was tiny and cost over $7.00! He said it was really nice though, just small! Hi Prothvar - how is your husband going? How much does he have to lose (assuming he is LCing for weight loss)?

He's going well so far, thanks for asking! He is struggling a little whilst at work, mainly when he is out in the field doing surveillance and he only gets 10mins to go thru a drive-thru or something to get some lunch. I think I found that Subway do a couple of low carb wraps which he could probably incorporate into his daily allowance for times like this. He lost 1.1kg the week before last and 300 gms last week (Sunday morning is weigh-in morning). He was a bit disheartened with the 300gms as h…

• I have to agree with Moonstruck. There would be someone out there trying to prove a point (albeit a useless one) and then TT and ACA would have another crappy storyline (to add to the dozens they regurgitate month after month).

• Re: Pilates vs. Yoga

sld - - Fitness and Exercise

I have never done Yoga so can't comment on whether I like it or not. I do Pilates at my gym every Tuesday. I like it because I can touch the floor again, it's stretched all those muscles out nice and long.

• You'd probably find only gay men joining, hehehe, most hetero men want to perve on women in gym gear

• Re: Volunteers Please?

sld - - The Lounge

Are Balsamic Vinegar, white vinegar, red wine vinegar and fish sauce allowable? Say in tblsp quantities only.

• Mock Potato Bake

sld - - Vegetable Recipes

Ok, we like to have this with a bbq - steaks, bbq asparagus wrapped in proscuitto (YUM!) and Mock Potato Bake. Mock Potato Bake 2 1/2 cups cooked cauliflower, cut into small pieces 1 cup low fat sour cream 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese 1/2 brown onion, diced 3-6 slices bacon Preheat oven to 180C. While cauliflower is cooking, cook bacon and onion in pan until soft. Mix sour cream, half of onion/bacon mixture and half of cheese in a bowl. Stir in cauliflower. Place in medium baking dish and spe…

sld - - The Lounge

Hehe, been a bit distracted trying to sell stuff on ebay at the moment. Offloaded the rest of DH's shakes on some poor unsuspecting person. Will grab a recipe I posted on TF that they pooh-poohed and will post it here for you to check. Apparently was too high in fat/cals or some such rubbish

• Re: Attention Atkins Enthusiasts

sld - - Low Carb Living

Hey Dave, I am going to look in the 2nd hand bookshops for that one to save on the [postage. Pennies are a bit tight at the mo.

• Re: PETA

sld - - The Lounge

LC Dave - ROFLMAO! Yeah, PETA are pretty extremist. I've read some scary stuff that they've done.

• The Biggest Loser Series 2

sld - - The Lounge

Anyone see TBL 2 last night? Was surprised to see that one of the trainers put his team on a Low-ish Carb diet. Was all hush hush but one of the women from the opposing team slyly took a printout of the meal plan to show her trainer. Cakked myself when her trainer said there might not be enough energy for the other team as the carb component was low - well der! these people have plenty of fat stores to burn, ketosis could be the best thing for them!

• Quote from Sherrie: “A nutrition and health perspective on almonds Habitual almond consumption does not lead to weight gain, and their inclusion in low-calorie diets appears to promote more weight loss than a comparable carbohydrate-based low-calorie diet. ” Thanks goodness for that! DH absolutely loves them, it is pretty much the main thing he snacks on during the day. On TF he was only allowed about 7 as a "snack" (a rule which he promptly ignored).

• Snez, did you end up buying this? If so, how is it?

sld - - The Lounge

Thanks Sherrie! DH is at work today so I can hog the computer to myself hehe I will start bombarding you shortly

• Ketosis and sleeping

sld - - Ketosis and Ketosticks

Do you go into ketosis overnight whilst sleeping? If so, would this account for the notorious "morning breath"?

• Volunteers Please?

sld - - The Lounge

Hi Everyone, I want to post some recipes but because I'm fairly new to Low Carbing I don't want to post anything unsuitable. I would like to know if anyone would like to volunteer proof reading them before I post them and offering advice on a) whether they are suitable for LC WOE b) suggestions as to alternative ingredients if some are not suitable c) carb count of recipe d) anything else you might think of Okay, raise your hands please

• Thanks Sherrie I have just put my name there for now but will eventually put DH's weight loss ticker there.

• Hi Sherrie, I've had a look in my CP and I can't find where to put a sig? Please help! Cheers, Sharon