Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 28.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Hi all, Sue thanks for the suggestion, that's what I did the other day. I went to see the matinee of My Fair Lady, yesterday so missed some snacks, but the show was amazing. Also didn't drink too much water as didn't want to have to keep running out to the toilet. Had my first weigh in & measurements this morning. I'm amazed....I lost 3.9kgs (which is great considering the new scales fiasco) and 8.5cm off my body. The weight came off my waist, hips and thighs (which is exactly where I need to sh…

• Hi everyone still hanging in there. Detox went without a hitch...just struggled a bit with the water intake. Can feel my jeans are a bit bigger. Tomorrow is my official weighin and measurement day. Not to stressed about the weight due to the new scales but hopefully they still show a loss. What does everyone do for snakcs if you were going oyt say shopping? Struggling to find an appropriate snack that doesn't need to be kept in the fridge.

• Hi everyone, well I am absolutely depressed. My scales died this morning so I went and bought some new ones and they weighed me 8kgs heavier than my old ones. They weighed my hubby 15kgs heavier. I was going to take them back but hubby weighed himself at work today and they said the same as the new scales.....my old ones had been weighing me heavier all along. Well I've gone and changed my ticker, but as I am on day 3 of detox was hoping to see how much weight I lost but it is now hard with the …

• Hi everyone, Thanks for all the advice. I guess I'm just worried that on free day i will go a bit carb crazy....I'll just have to be conscious not to do so. Day 1 of detox went well. I didn't cheat even though hubby went and bought himself a pizza from pizza capers for dinner, and it smelt really yummy. I didn't feel hungry at all. Really hard not to hop on the scales....I used to weigh everyday....but am trying really hard not to this time.

• Hi everyone, Sorry I haven't checked in for a couple of days. Well I bought the body trim program and have read it thoroughly so I don't muck it up. I'm starting my carb detox today. I went and bought some ham and chicken and have weighed it out and put in zip-lock bags....I have a container for snacks and one for meals. Day 1 has started well, had some eggs for breakfast, and went for a walk....pedometer is attached and water bottle is at hand. My only worry is the free day. Does everyone use t…

• Hi thanks for that. I just went out and bought it from the local bookstore, so will log on to the forum tonight. I've been trying to follow atkins and just seem to be going up and down with the same 5kgs so I really think I need a shake up. My husband has lost 34kgs on atkins and he looks good. He keeps telling me that it ill work for me if I stick it out but am losing all hope. I'll keep checking in here....maybe we can be buddies and support each other. How long have you been doing BT for? tak…

• Hi everyone. I've been thinking about trying body trim and was just wondering how you are all finding it? Has it been easy to understand and successful for you? I have spent a small fortune on diet products and am sure my stopping & starting has completely screwed up my metabolism....I want to find a plan that i can stick with for the long haul and that will work. But not one that I need a degree in diet & nutrition to understand. As I work shift work I want something that is easily adapatble to…

• Motivated by new ticker

Teeyore - - Motivation & Resolve

Yay!!! I finally have a ticker!!!! Have realised that i have lost 8kgs so far and have 23kgs to. Seeing it on the ticker, and seeing the ticker go down will be sure to keep me motivated.

• Has anyone done this program before? My hubby is in traing for the police force and started this last week. It is essentially a program where the first week you walk for 5mins, then jog for 1min and then wlk for 1.5mins until you've been on the treadmill for 20mins. You do it 3 times a weeks and each week the amount of time running gets longer. He says he is feeling great. I tried it once but don't really like running, but think I should start forcing myself to do it along with him. Just wonderi…

• Re: Bodybot?

Teeyore - - Exercise and Supplements

Hi Sherrie, Still doing it and feeling good as a result. I've been mainly doing the total body workouts and joining a few 4mins workouts together. You're right it is a low weight thing with a lot of repititions all designed to get your heart rate up. Want to start mixing it up a bit this week and doing the total body with the abs, lower body & upper body workouts. Terri

• I bought my husband a sunbeam dehydrater a few months ago so he could make his own jerky and he makes a really nice jerky. I don't normally like jerky but the way he does it is yummy!!! As he is doing atkins he has made sure that whatever he marinates the meat with is low carb.....only problem is he keeps complaining that the kids and I keep stealing alll his jerky.

No it's not like curves I don't think (not that I've ever done curves). The good thing is I did it standing near the laptop so I could watchthe countdown and watch the guy show me how to do it. I did the whole body workout last night, just kept repeating the 4minutely circuit for 20 mins. It includes a lot of deep squats with a dumbell and swinging your arms to get your heart rate up. Really felt like I had done an hour of boxercise afterwards. My legs are feeling it today.

• My goal today is to start the couch to 5km program. My hubby started earlier this week and he is feeling & looking great. For those who don't know what it is it's where you hop on the treadmill for 20mins. 1st 5mins is walking (warmup) then to y run for 1min and walk for 1 1/2 mins until the end. Each week your running time increases and the walking decreases. I hate running so will be forcing myself to do it, but I really need to get my metabolism into gear as I think it has completely stalled

• Re: Queensland - where are you?

Teeyore - - Meet and Greet

Janal that would be lovely, that's a bit of a drive from home to work each day....especially with all the roadworks

• Thanks, the [edit: shop gone] is where I have bought them from before but they only had a few where as in the states you can get choc mint, marshmallow, egg nog etc. I'll have a look at the other site you suggested.

No it's a whole 4 minute workout. There's a variety of exercises that you do as many as you can in a 20second period and then rest. You could do a whole 4 minutes of the same pushup or situp or you could mix it up. 20 seconds doesn't sound like much but believe me I just did it and as they are quite intense workouts you are really looking forward to the 20second rest after each set. You could do a whole series of these 4minutely workouts and go for as long as you want. Or you could just do 4 min…

• Does anyone know where you can get these syrups either online of in Brisbane. I have a couple of them, but the flavours are pretty basic and they have such a variety over in the states?

• Bodybot?

Just wondering if anyone has used bodybot? I found it yesterday. It is a series of 4minutely circuits that are intense. It is webbased and you design the workout sequence that you want to do targetting allbody, upper, lower abs etc. and then the guy on the DVD shows you how to do it. You can do as many of these 4 minutely sessions as you want in a day. The downside is that it is not free, but you can join for a lifetime & use as much as you want. I ended up signing up yesterday, not sure how wel…

• Re: Queensland - where are you?

Teeyore - - Meet and Greet

Janal - where abouts in Brisbane are you? I'm in Forest Lake

• I made these today and they tasted great. Not quite the same as bread but close enough when you just need to eat something other than eggs