Search Results

Search results 1-14 of 14.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• 'fad diet cops a roasting'

Rebecca - - Low Carb Living

this has been all over the radio news and the papers today, and whilst i am not strictly on a low-carb diet at the moment for my own health reasons, everybody has been narking at me over it.. saying thats why i am sick etc etc.. i personally don't think it is but whatever.. i have no real point, except screw everyone, do what is right for you.

• Cauliflower, leek and bacon soup.

Rebecca - - Soup Recipes

glad you liked it! did you make it with extra cauli? or the same amount?

Rebecca - - Soup Recipes

im allowed to have potatoes now.. so when i make it ill be making it with them! hehe

Rebecca - - Soup Recipes

Another work recipe! hope you enjoy! Ingredients: 1 tbs olive oil 250g bacon rashers, finely chopped. 2 large leeks, trimmed and sliced 600g of cauliflower florets-small OPTIONAL: 2 medium potatoes- peeled and chopped- would be okay without it-maybe add some more cauli? 6 cups of chicken stock salt and ground peppers 1/3 cup of creams grated cheese Method: 1. Heat oil in saucepan. Add bacon and cook, stirring often, for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Remove 2 tbs of bacon toa plate and set aside. …

• Okay so I work in a fruit and veg shop, so we get recipe cards in all the time. i always go through them eagerly for some nice low carb recipes and i do believe ladies and gents i have hit the jackpot! So without further adieu, i give you jerusalem artichoke and pumpkin frittata! Ingredients: (how i do it!) 2 tbs olive oil (need a little more to grease) 500g of butternut pumpkin cut into 2cm cubes. 250gs of jerusalem artichokes cut into 2cm cubes. 2 rashers of bacon (optional) 6 large eggs 1/3 c…

• Cheese Cake

instead of posting new threads everytime you can jsut post in your own diary and keep a track of everything in there by clicking "post reply" the cheesecake recipe can be found in the recipe section of the forums

• mini philly frittatas- so good!

Rebecca - - Egg Recipes

oh and that carb count for mine was using plain white flour! so i am guessing you smart ones out there could get them much lower! as the flour was the majority of the count! even my sister who turns her nose up at everything (especially my low carb food) loved them and took some to work for lunch! ill convert her yet! happy cooking

• mini philly frittatas- so good!

Rebecca - - Egg Recipes

if you love savoury things you will lovvvve these! I'll jsut copy the recipe straight from the recipe card. it uses 2 tbspns of flour, i don't have a flour alternative here, so i used plain flour, but i'm guessingwith the substitues you guys use it would be fine too! i think that even with no flour it would okay.. ill stop rabbiting on now and get on with it! MAKES 24 (small) 250g philadelphia cream cheese 1 small red onion 80g baby spinach leaves 60g hot salami finely chopped 2 tbspns plain flo…

• Sugar free soothers

Just incase anyone doesnt know i was out shopping today and i saw sugar free soothers! which is good considering my throat is killing me. it doesnt have a carb count on it that i can see but still, i am they would be much much better than their sugar filled counterparts. oh theyre in the blackcurrant ones, and lime

• Easter alternatives

I'm going to have a treat on easter its a speical occassion. My mum bought me mine today (i got the little white lindt bunny pp!) its only small, i dont want to go overboard soo.. its okay.. about 45carbs in it i checked, but i can deal with that.. plenty of excercise to burn it off. easter comes but once a year! what other day you can eat chocolate for breakfast?... even though i eat choccie for breaky on xmas day too hehe.. my bad.

• hi sydneysider

i havent tried that but it looks pretty cool, the menu choices are quite big and sound yummy

• Cream

I was just wondering what cream is the best to use? I was using the dairy farmers pure cream then i noticed it said on the dietary info Sugars (lactose) and on ultralite im not supposed to eat anything ending in "ose". But is it impossible to get cream without lactose? or should it not really make any difference? I ate it last week and didn't stall or anything.. Thanks alot to anyone who can help me out.

• low carb is the way to go!

was just surfing along smh.com.au and found this! some might find it interesting: smh.com.au/articles/2003/01/30/1043804416912.html

• I like punk music, loud fast and crass hehe. Unfortunately I exercise in my backyard so i am mindful of the language in the albums, and limit myself mostly to The bouncing souls (my favourite band) and the donnas, and dance hall crashers. I love the fact that i can sing along and not notice the time ticking over its marvellous. This song by Dance Hall Crashers i find really.. I dunno inspiring in my goals. I'll post the lyrics and those interested should download it! They band is fronted by two …