Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 147.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Tom

Funky Monkey - - Women and Health

Shouldn't even be looking at the forum at the moment since I have exams, but this whole TOM thing has been a real sticking point for me. I've been LC'in since March and had nothing but TOM chaos ever since. I've tried the pill change, etc, but nothing works. Now its regulated itself, but not according to the pill packet! Now I suffer from the same problem that I went on the pill to treat (sorry for details...) which is that I have 2 weeks of freedom and the 7-10 days of TOM. The pain gets sooooo…

• Ummm, just making sure that this is a very convincing 'fake' website. Sorry to all the fellas on the forum...

• What I understand from reading variuos articles, etc about this diet, is that the part where soup is the main part of your diet is allowed for an absolute maximum of two weeks. You also eat foods in this period other than the soup, such as bananas on one day, brown rice on another, etc. After this time you move to a diet consisting on low-fat, slightly higher protein and low GI carbs, with the occassional high GI carbs chucked in. There is heaps of info on it on the Today Tonight website (the ta…

• IBS sufferers

Funky Monkey - - Low Carb Living

I know that they say peppermint tea selltles stomach problems, but that's just a big porky! Just like cammomile, it makes me really nauseous (sorry- can't remember how to spell today). Thanks for trying tho'!

• IBS sufferers

I was wondering if there are any other IBS sufferers on the forum, coz I need some help! I have been completley stressed over uni and a couple of other things for about three weeks now, and as a result I basically can't eat. Everything causes a grumbling sensation, stomach cramps and then the inevitable rush to the toilet. Has any one else on the forum found a way to settle things down? Everything had been basically been OK since going low carb, but now it's just out of control! And please don't…

• Australian idol

Funky Monkey - - The Lounge

Selwyn didn't make it into Scandl'us from the 2nd popstars series, but he got a record deal anyway. He released 3 or 4 songs (inluding a cover of Rich Girl) which charted pretty well. He does r'n'b style stuff.

• Take away?

Giz, the way you describe eating pizza is how I used to eat pizza when I was a kid- and I still think the toppings the best part!

• Australian idol

I don't think Dicko is nasty at all- he tells the truth, and as a super successful producer, he knows what he is talking about. If the Idols can't deal with criticism, they need to get out of the music industry. I respect Dicko, coz he gives constructive criticism and give credit where it is due. And while Mark Holden is also a knob, as an influential song writer and producer, he should know what he's talking about, if only he could say it in a language we all understand and stop taking uppers b…

• Australian idol

POO! I got my days mixed up and only caught Guy's performance! At least he sang something funky. I wish more woud sing upbeat songs instead of ballads.

• Australian idol

Oh, and I just want to add that Mark Holden is a creepy old man who is just hoping to get close to some pretty young things. I have never seen anyone who talks completely in cliches.

• Australian idol

I too am an Australian Idol addict! Normally I would watch, but never vote. After last night's disaster, I'll definatley be voting. The sensible among us need to overrun the 12 year old girls! I think the fact that Paulini isn't a 'typical' Australian doesn't help her cause- I think she is fantastic, but look at the type of people Australians usually select to win these sorts of programs. Millsy is crap- he has a very limited vocal range and I don't even think he is especially attractive. I thin…

• davinci syrup find

Bel, there are a heap of low-carb online supermarkets based in the US. Since the DaVinci syrups are imported from the US, you would be better off checking out US sites, otherwise you'll be paying extra in import taxes and postage. Here are a couple of stockists: [edit: they shut up shop] davincigourmet.com/page.php?page=731 [edit: they shut up shop] Hope this helps!

• low carb soft drink

Sanitarium Water Plus is in SA, coz I had some there! It just tends to be hidden. The place I have found it most is petrol stations (the first time I saw it was in a Quix), but it is starting to appear on supermarket shelfs. Sometimes its with the water, stashed on the bottom shelf, other times its with the sport/stamina drinks or in the cold drink/rerigerator section. I guess coz its a newish product they haven't found a proper place for it yet, which is why it keeps getting put in crap places …

• low carb soft drink

Good idea to water down the GC drinks, they are pretty sweet. The other problem I found with them was that some of the flavours were quite high in carbs (upwards of 2 grams).

• low carb soft drink

I've found both Torquay (fancy flavours like pink grapefruit) and Saxby's. Saxby's even have a diet ginger beer, which Smelly reckins is as good as the real thing. I don't think either of them have aspartame.

• Low Carb Bars

Funky Monkey - - Snacks Galore

Hi netwidget! Unfortunately, GNC aren't in most parts of Australia, so most of us don't have access to Atkins products . (Although I'm sure my bank balance is grateful!)

• Low Carb Bars

Funky Monkey - - Snacks Galore

TT, in the bar recipies the protein powder provides the flavour. You just use the stuff that you make your shakes out of- the better it tastes, the better the bars taste (if your into protein bars- personally, can't stand them!)

• Low Carb & Cholesterol

A 16 yesr old daughter of one of my Mum's freind was given diet pills by a doctor- she actually isn't overweight, but was feeling 'uncomfortable' about her body. Geez, send her to a therapist!

• Low Carb & Cholesterol

What the doctor means is that your elevated level of cholestrol is okay because you have a high level of HDL's or good cholesterol compared to LDL's or bad cholesterol. If you had a high level of LDL's then you would be in trouble coz they are the ones that do all the damage. To make this matter all the more confusing, some scientist has come out and sad that there is no point trying to lower cholesterol through diet and exercise, because it is mainly heredity. He reckons if you have high choles…

• When does losing stop?

And as Sam said- exercise!