Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 30.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• They don't have that smell. They are dried noodles, just like the rice vermicelli, so not floating in that liquid. It says on the packet that you can just soak them in hot water like the rice noodles, but I find them still a bit hard unless you refresh the hot water a couple of times. I just boil them for a few minutes...

• Hey Sherrie, Yes, I use the shiritaki noodles too. I actually got a few different types of those too on the same shopping trip My boyfriend won't eat those though. He likes the rhizome ones, so it's good if I'm making something with noodles IN it, rather than as a side. Good to have both on hand. All good here, still low-carbing.....don't think I could ever go back now.

• Hi, I was in the asian grocery store recently and came across these noodles that are quite low in carbs. They have no english printed on the packet, except for the nutritional panel sticker that is on the back, so I can't really tell you the name of them. They are easy to spot though because they look just like vermicelli, only they are black! They come in at 18g carbs per 100g. Rice vermicelli is around 70-80g carbs per 100g. They cook the same way, although they take a little longer and they t…

• Re: Low Carb Take Away

Daisy24 - - Low Carb Living

Quote from 2kellen2: “Naked burritos sounds great & I would enjoy that spicey food what state are you in - I am not familiar with MadMex :)” I'm in NSW

• Re: Low Carb Take Away

My fave is MadMex. They do Naked Burritos, basically all the fillings in a bowl. You can choose your own, or they do a few options like Low Carb/High Protien, Low Cal etc. Their nutrition guide on their website is great, just pick your ingredients and it adds up as you go. I often have it for lunch, feels like having a naughty takeaway, but under 6g Carbs and about $9

• Re: Daily Dose of Coconut Oil

Thanks for the replies, yes, it's been a while since I've posted but I still check in on the forum and mostly get my info from posts that are already here. I have one of those Aldi coffee machines and I heat a little milk in the microwave, put in a spoonful of coconut oil and a pinch of cinnamon, then use one of those battery operated milk frothers to whip it up. Then I add the coffee. This blends the milk and oil perfectly (no separation) and gives a nice frothy coffee. I am hoping that my skin…

• Daily Dose of Coconut Oil

Hi, I am having about a tablespoon of coconut oil in my coffee each morning after reading so many good things about it. I didn't like the taste or the way it sat as an oil-slick on the coffee at first, but I have found a way to mix it well, added a little cinnamon and now I just love it. I have been doing this for about 4 weeks now. Problem is, I don't know if it is really doing anything..... I can't see any remarkable results or changes, my skin is worse than it has been in ages and I seem to b…

• I got some from Woolies Rouse Hill. I have been getting them from asian stores (not Changs) and had mixed results with regards to, ummm, tummy issues, depending on the brand. I found the Changs to be easier to prepare, the liquid they come in is not as smelly as the asian varieties, so a quick rinse is all that's needed rather than 3 or 4 rinses. Tasted great too. I had the whole pack (2 serves oink oink) and my tummy was definitely affected. Not too bad though, worth it for being able to have d…

• Re: Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead

Daisy24 - - The Lounge

Yes, I have also heard/read about the juice not being as good as whole fruit/veg..... although I did the "Liver cleansing Diet" a few years ago and felt great (dying for a steak afterwards though) Still just can't 'mentally' get over the carb count, as much as I'd like to try it. I've become such a carbo-phobe ! Looking forward to watching the movie though:)

• Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead

Daisy24 - - The Lounge

I've just heard about this movie, "Fat Sick and Nearly Dead". It's about an overweight and unhealthy Aussie guy who goes on a 60 day juice fast, drops a stack of weight, regains his health etc etc If you google it, you will be able to find a stack of places to watch the trailer.... Anyway, I've been looking into it a bit and on his FB page, there are a heap of people doing it (not neccessarily for 60 days) and loving it, losing weight and feeling good. So recently, I've been drinking a bit too m…

• Vodka, lime and soda (well, anything, lime and soda) is best if you use fresh lime though.....that syrupy stuff is all sugar

• Hehehe..... nothing wrong with a bottle of wine on a Friday night! That's only 4 glasses....3 if you have big glasses The way I look at it is, it's not "A" diet, it's "YOUR" diet....do what makes you happy and works for you, no rules, just guides. Cheers, I'm off to the pub

• Sure you can.... I started on a "shakes" plan, then switched to LC after I'd lost 18kg. During this time, I wasn't supposed to drink, I stuck to that for the first week but then had maybe 3 or 4 glasses of red a week. When I went on LC I stopped "counting" drinks and just drank as usual. Like you, not to excess, but can sip a bottle of red over a week no prob. I also love margaritas, but I never add sugar or drink the pre-mixes (never have anyway, love 'em sour!). I also changed from Gin & Tonic…

• Hi, Just wanted to let you know that I found Shiritaki Noodles in the Korean Grocery Store in Baulkham Hills (NSW). They are in the fridge, in single serve size packs (look like little pillows full of liquid and noodles). They only have Korean writing on the pack, except for the small english nutrition label on the back which says Shiritaki Noodle. About $2 a packet. I haven't tried these ones yet, but thought I'd post for anyone in the Hills area that wants to give them a go

• Thanks Sherrie, Having my Protein shake now, made with the almond milk and it's really nice.....

• I've really gotten into making my own almond milk recently. So far I have only used it to make smoothies, blending with frozen berries or mango when I'm feeling like a treat. I have read it can be used in place of regular milk in cooking, but I'm OK with milk, so I didn't start making it so much as a replacement, just becasue I was interested. I'm wondering if any of you use almond milk, and how you use it. I got myself some Isowhey protein powder yesterday and had a shake for breakfast, which I…

• Ooohh, I made this (full sugar version - eeewww) years ago with my step daughter and it was great fun. I'd forgotten all about it. Works really well and will definately be on my 'to-do list' again.

• Re: Dessert...

Daisy24 - - Desserts and Sweets

Turned out great! :D:D:D

Duh I hadn't thought to crush them and add the butter.... I was just thinking of dolloping some cheesecake on top of the cookie lol Great idea, I have just gone and done that with my remaining cookies....in the fridge now Thanks

Forgot to mention, I was originally making the cookies as, well, cookies, but they turned out to dry to eat on their own. I had just made the ice cream so I thought I'd try them together. These cookies would be nice as a base for a cheesecakey kind of topping too I think