Search Results

Search results 1-12 of 12.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Good luck-you KNOW you can do it!!:)

• Yep! I'm learning too! Got so excited re my initial loss, but now it's slowed down-yer right- HOWEVER, I'm sticking in there & realising (gees sometimes it's sooooo hard beleiving what u read here- but TRUE!) that it's an eating plan, not a diet!! I Have been SOOOO good- but have slowed right down, probably to where I should be but still! Am coping with heaps of pain due to osteo, that really depresses me , but I keep reminding myself that losing weight is gonn a help heaps! I wish I meet up wit…

• Re: Sweeteners...hmm..

xmasmumma - - Low Carb Living

I agree with Deena- re your tastebuds readjusting. I've only been on Atkins for 4 weeks now (still doing induction at moment) . Ive always been a big diet coke fan- now I find it tastes WAY too sweet. I've also stopped adding most sweeteners to food I cook. The funny thing is, last week I posted about sweet cravings!.......:confused:

• Deena, you are awesome (I've read some of your diary too):)

• Hey Nicky! I agree, just focus on one step at a time! It's too overwhelming if you think about the whole amount. I'm focusing on one week at a time at the moment and I now finding that, as I have stuck to the Atkins induction- that I'm not hungry mostly which helps me heaps. Also- I have a glass of water before I eat anything. I'm also carrying an old photo of myself that I look at to remind me of where I'd like to be eventually. Be kind to yourself & treat yourself to something special (not foo…

• Re: Another newbie

xmasmumma - - Introduce Yourself

Hi there! Yep I'm new too and probably have another 30kg to go (have lost 6.5 so far) Like you i find the forum FANTASTIC for ideas and recipes. I love reading the diaries too- very inspirarational:)

• Re: Not hungry....

xmasmumma - - Low Carb Beginners

Thanks ladies! I'll check out the chromium & see how it goes with all the other supplements I'm taking! Yep, I've tried the sugar free lollies- don't seem to like the aftertaste, but maybe that's just the metal mouth you get from Ketosis?:( Just found out from my doctor that I now have osteoarthritis explains the pain I spose. Guess that's even more reason to shed the kgs!!! Life just gives you the willies sometimes don't it

• Re: Not hungry....

Thanks! Mmm, but what are chromium tablets & where do I get them:)

• Not hungry....

I have gone from being a piggy to having to force myself to eat now. (& I never thought I'd ever say that!) Seriously though, I'm worried that I'm not gonna get all my veggie carbs in. I take my lunch to work, but end up throwing half away. Also, I still seem to be craving the sweet taste most of the time- any ideas?

• Yummy Mongolian Hotpot

xmasmumma - - Soup Recipes

MMMMMM- for dinner the other night-filled our big chinese hotpot with chicken stock-cooked our hand loaded skewers of seafood marinara, prawns,chicken, steak + plenty of Atkins induction veggies. YUMMO!! Had some very small pots of dipping sauce eg. soy, sour cream with chilli + garlic flakes + some fried onions (from asian food stores) Certainly did not feel deprived (or even miss the rice!!) The bonus was- after all was cooked & demolished- heaps of yummy soup/stock left over to freeze for ano…

• I'm in Townsville!:p

• End of Week 2!

xmasmumma - - Introduce Yourself

Have been lurking round this site for a couple of weeks now & thought I should say hi!:) Today is end of week 2 on Atkins induction. Have lost 6 kgs & feel g8! Am still getting cravings from time to time for something sweet but find a bit of protien helps. I have to do a fair bit of travel for my job & also attend a lot of catered meetings/workshops. Had a BIG test the other day, sangas, scones,jam,cream,fruitcake,fruitplatters!!! I grabbed a big plate of meat & salad sandwiches ripped the bread…