Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 20.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Just about to launch into the consolidation phase here - 15 kg off and happy, about 1 kg below what was suggested as my target weight. Will do a protein Thursday tomorrow and then that is cruise over

• Just popping back in - 10 kg down, 4 or 5 to go. Well entrenched in the cruise and finding it quite easy, even managed to go out for dinner with no problems. Walking at least 30 minutes a day and actually enjoying it! Should be at my target weight ahead of schedule even though it is taking longer to lose each kg now. I've also had to buy some new clothes

• I'm on day 4 of the attack phase, into the cruise phase tomorrow with some vegies. No real problems, I drink lots of water anyway and the oat bran has been doing what it is supposed to I've dropped 4kg so far and am quite happy. About a month a go I had a blood test, part of my biennial health regime, and everything was fine, I'll go back and have another one in a month or two and check and make sure that everything is still ok; I'll probably keep this every two months or so until I reach the st…

• It is a good read, and yes I am also going to adapt some of his ideas, even though he states, more than once, that you just can't pick and choose.

• fatbastard's cooking ideas

fatbastard - - Meat Recipes

An old favourite tonight, corned beef - but what about the white sauce? well 300g of cauliflower, steamed and then processed/pured, add some cream, a little water, heat and voila, white sauce!

• I've just bought Dr Dukan's book, my he has an obsession with menopausal women doesn't he? Just started reading it to get some ideas and more information as I formulate my own eating regime.

• Rare or medium rare, no more - if it is overcooked it will be dry and tough as old boots. Have a look here

• I had some here

• that'll learn ya! Merry Christmas all.

• Re: Morroccanish lamb

that sounds close was delicious

I should rename this thread I suppose, if I could that is. Tonight is kangaroo. Steaks are marinating in extra virgin olive oil mixed with chopped fresh rosemary from the garden and a diced up clove of garlic. Will be pan fried and served with zucchini.

Burgers tonight, without the bun of course Premade lean beef patties from Coles, not normally what I like - I generally build everything from scratch but these didn't look too bad. Anyway, Onion with a little garlic, cook the patties and place a slice of cheese on top. Meanwhile, cook some mushrooms down with a little butter, unsalted of course, and then pour over the top. Got some frozen brussel sprouts to go with it.

• Morroccanish lamb

I love to cook and needed something a little different tonight. I had some lamb steaks in the fridge, so I make a rub of ground cumin, sweet paprika and a tiny bit of cayenne pepper, more if you like it hot. Mix the spices and put them on a plate, press the lamb into the spices, both sides and gently rub the spice mixture in. Cook in a hot pan for about 3 or 4 minutes each side. When they were just about cooked it all looked a bit dry so while they were resting I threw a tin of diced tomatoes in…

• Re: Laugh of the Day

fatbastard - - The Lounge

Sixty is the worst age to be," said the 60-year-old man. "You always feel like you have to pee, and most of the time you stand there and nothing comes out." "Ah, that's nothin," said the 70-year-old. "When you're seventy, you don't have bowel movement any more. You take laxatives, eat bran, sit on the toilet all day and nothin' comes out!" "Actually," said the 80-year -old, "Eighty is the worst age of all." "Do you have trouble peeing, too?" asked the 60-year old. "No, I pee every morning at 6:0…

• Re: computer skills

fatbastard - - Geek Forum

Tech Support, may I help you?" "Yes, well, I'm having trouble with WordPerfect." TS: "What sort of trouble?" "Well, I was just typing along, and all of a sudden the words went away." TS: "Went away?" "They disappeared." TS: "Hmm. So what does your screen look like now?" "Nothing." TS: "Nothing?" "It's blank; it won't accept anything when I type." TS: "Are you still in WordPerfect, or did you get out?" "How do I tell?" TS: "Can you see the C: prompt on the screen?" "What's a sea-prompt?" TS: "Nev…

• Re: A beginner

fatbastard - - Low Carb Beginners

I've just been browsing through your diary - looks like you are doing well. You also gave me some food ideas. I love to cook, but need to adjust how I am cooking. Need to work on timings a little more with food, playing around with portion sizes too. Reading looks and soaking it it, the non-carb bits that is

Quote from Caramello: “Hi FB You are brave, starting the week of Christmas :rolleyes:” thereinlies the challenge. If I can do it now then the rest of the year should be easy Seriously our Xmas isn't normally very extravagant - will forgo the cake but the rest of it will stay pretty much the same - lots of cold ham, cold chicken and prawns with plenty of salad and veges. Mind you we may have a cyclone thrown in too by the looks of things

Thanks again, I'm going to try some of the BT ideas, the low carb, high protein, with the 3 protein snacks a day and see how I progress, oh and lots of water. Thankfully we both love our vegetables, especially the leafy greens.

Thanks, BT was the first one I came across, don't know much about Atkins - will learn though I'm sure.

• A beginner

Had a look at some borrowed Body Trim DVDs and understand the basics, not sure I want to do the BT thing in full though. Have started a low carb, high protein eating program along with Mrs FB based on the BT ideas. Not convinced with the detox thing though, I'll see how I go with the altered eating - will be reading this forum with interest.