Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 25.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• After ANOTHER 3 months of carrying 30 kilo's more than I should be, after physically noticing the effects of carrying the excess weight and knowing I can be a happier, healthier and fitter person, I AM BACK, BACK TO BURN IT ON BT! This time, for how ever long it takes to shift the 30 kilo's. I am more committed than I have ever been before! I guess what really woke me up to the severity of my obesity was a simple fall (stepping off a footpath kerb), and twisting both my ankles. Some have joked a…

• Yes this is important... Quote from Morte: “For really good quality and cheap fruit and veg, particularly stuff that's in season, I like farmers' markets.” So todays Tip: Getting the best quality fruit and vegetables 1. It is alway cheaper and better quality to shop for fruit and vegetables that is in season. Understand what is in season, to your region or state. You don't have to be a green-thumb or dedicated gardener to know what is in season. Check this out: seasonalfoodguide.com/ 2. If you l…

• I agree very much with sourcing a good butcher, I have an amazing butcher when I lived in rural Queensland. I could get a variety of meat in a bulk pack for a cheap cost, included rump steak and all, I guess thats also because it was beef country. Now that I am in Sydney, I have not found 'meat packs' at any butchers. I have found that the supermarkets are a lot cheaper than the butchers. My tip for today is: Get to know your food suppliers. Take note on when your supermarket restocks and when t…

• Re: Hi everybody

monkey*moo - - Introduce Yourself

Hey Nessie Bears, How were you feeling today? Found some sugarless chocolate that might help with your chocolate cravings. I'm thinking I'm going to buy some, so let me know if you want any and we can order together. shop.sugarlessco.com/index.php/chocolate.html The down fall is, sugar-free stuff can cause as a mild laxative effect. Found this out the hard way. lol

• Great, thanks Sherrie. Didn't realise there was already a Thread of this nature.

• I know of a couple of organic brands: liquid - Freshstock Not sure where you can get it form. powder - Marigold Swiss Bouillon Powder-Organic aussiehealthproducts.com.au/vegetable-stock.php or cubes - Plantaforce naturalhealthdirect.com.au/hea…tock-cubes-88gm-1635.html You could also try your local greengrocers? They sometimes have organic packaged foods, like a Harris Farms Store?

• Re: Hi everybody

monkey*moo - - Introduce Yourself

Hey Nessie Bears, Welcome! The headaches are something a lot of people have experienced on the 3 day detox. Tomorrow you should feel a lot better. With the timing of eating, you need to eat *EVERY* 2 - 3 hours, alternating from meal to snack. e.g. Breakfast then a snack1, 2 - 3 hours later, followed by lunch 2-3 hours after snack1, and so on... but if you need to snack more you can eat every protein, thats 1 hour from when you stopped eating last. Monkey*moo aka Karli OAnUp11.png

• I'll start... One of my biggest tips for cutting cost of food (and general groceries), is to BUY IN BULK. If you find a good special on items you use regularly, buy as much as you can at once. Nonperishable items are great to buy in bulk, or things that will freeze. I buy bulk chicken breast (and other meats) when it is on special or from a wholesaler, and then individually cling-wrap the meat for individual use, before freezing it. I also, go to Campbell's Cash and Carry and buy all my toiletri…

• Re: Friends?

monkey*moo - - Meet and Greet

Yay! thanks guys! New friends.. woohoo..

• Hi all, I am new to low carb living and have noticed there is a major difference in the cost of food, especially when eating a high protein diet. As we all know, healthier food costs more. In our current global economic situation, many people are faced with unemployment and having to cut costs, so I would like to help make low carb living easier and lower cost for all. We don't need to shrink our wallets while shrinking our waists... If you have any suggestions, please share. We could all do wit…

• Quote from Patience: “ l lost 3 kilos in my first week--this is AMAZING!!!! ” That is Amazing! Congratulations!! I think this 'way of living' work for most. We really don't been to eat a lot of carbs. Great effort! Keep it up.. Quote from Patience: “ does anyone know how to transfer the weight ticker l'm using on the BT site--over to my profile?” I'm not sure what sort of ticker you are using on the BT forum, did you create it on the BT website or on a different ticker generating page? If from a…

• Re: Friends?

Hahaha.. I dont think I'm allowed to have friends yet. :p I just went to request another 'registered user's' friendship and I couldn't find the 'request friendship' button. Never mind, I'm sure I'll be a member soon.

• Hi Patience, Yes, I know what you mean about the first 3 days being difficult. I mostly had headaches and felt 'off' on the second day. I wasn't too hungry, as I was always an under eater staving my body of nutrients. Remember that you can eat every hour if you need to, with a protein snack. I find it difficult to eat so often, but my body is getting use to it, I know feel hungry every 2 - 3 hours. I hope this week is better for you, I'm sure you will be gladly surprised when you jump on the sca…

• Hey Patience, We started BT at the same time, how are you going? Did you enjoy your 'cheat' day? :p Do you have a diary? I couldn't find it if you do.

• Welcome I've just started BT a week ago and I've lost 2.3kg in 6 days (without doing the walk every day, but still doing some exercise). My friend and her mother have been doing BT for a couple of months, they got me on to it. My friend mum has not done any exercise and has lost 15 kilo's. It's definitely worth giving it a go. I started just from the information on here, everything you need is on this forum. I do not have the books and Dvd's, although I have watched my friends set, just in the l…

• Oh great, I thought the hourly snacking was only allowed with the PO days and detox. Thanks again.

• Friends?

Hey there, I am still pretty new this forum, and I have become totally addicted. I am loving all the information and the advise. But it's getting a little lonely.. lol Anyone what to be friends? My name is Karli, I am 23 years old, I live in Sydney and I am a BTer. OAnUp11.png

• This is so so so true... Being put on diets from the age of 5, I know this is one of the causes of my over eating later on in life. Not to mention, I have met many people who where also put of diets as children and they are all over weight. One resource that has helped with my emotional hang-up and 'subconscious' fear of not getting the food (nutrients) I need, is The Gabriel Method. An amazing book to read. Make you realise what the real issue is behind the extra kilo's we are all carrying. OAn…

• Hi waratah, I will definitely keep you posted on this and be following this thread. I was diagnosed with endometriosis, I had an operation in Oct 2010 and haven't really had a major issue with symptoms since. Although, it is likely caused from a hormone imbalance (too much estrogen) and can reappear at any time. Which I hope it never does! My period pain was crippling and I suffered for 9 years without knowing what the issue was. Seeing countless doctors, who all told me it was normal. In the la…

• Sounds like some great products to look into.. I'm currently a nutrimetic's user also. Love the nutri-rich almond oil, especially when i had stretch marks. I am concerned about the rapid weight loss and the sagging of skin (even though it hasn't happened yet, still need to lose a lot) so I found some tips. from: allwomenstalk.com/how-to-tighten-loose-skin-after-weight-loss/ USE MOISTURISER EACH DAY … moisturiser will add up to seventy percent of moisturiser to your skin. When you are losing weig…