Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 48.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Re: Off the wagon

Houlahan - - Low Carb Living

I have to admit, I do struggle to fit in all 6 meals a day and probably average 4 (I generally miss the morning snack and the last snack of the day)... There is certainly a lot to be said about eating less often! My concern (and admittedly I haven't looked into it AT ALL so please excuse the ignorance) would be my own personal preconceptions of just how 'good' for you a high fat low carb diet could be. I guess there is all this information out there to suggest that a high fat diet affects your b…

• Re: Off the wagon

No I haven't looked into Atkins, this is the first time we've ever taken a low carb approach to weight loss although we want it to be a lifestyle change... But obviously as I still have around 14kgs to lose, the lifestyle bit comes after the restrictive weight loss bit!

• Off the wagon

Folks I need some advice, We've had a pretty rotten couple of weeks mixed in with a pretty busy couple of weekends and the result has been a reverse of my weight loss to the tune of 2kgs gained so far And I was doing so well!!! It also doesn't help that Ben's at the maintenance phase so he's eating more carbs and now I'm really feeling like I'm missing out! I just need a bit of motivation and assistance to get the weight loss back on track. I am finding that even when I do follow the regime to a…

• Oops! I wrote this massive reply and then realised I wasn't replying to the first message LMAO... At the end of the day you should probably do what works for you. If you were finding Atkins was working, go with it. Hubby and I have mixed principles of multiple diets including BT, James Duigan's Clean and Lean diet and Jon Gabriel's the Gabriel method. We've lost about 18kgs between us (9kgs each) and it's taken us almost 3 months so far. Hubby is at his goal weight but I still have another 12kgs…

• I don't want to sound like an entire downer. We are so lucky because my husband is alive and well all be it a little sorry for himself and on a liquid diet for a few more days until his swelling and bruising subsides... Also the community around where he was attacked really rallied with people jumping in cars to search for psycho and coming down to give us info about where the attacker ran... One guy even IDed him as a neighbour and well known local fruit cake so HOPEFULLY fingers crossed, if we…

• Our week has been nothing short of unbelievable... As well as all the regular stuff (son with ADHD who's a handful, work stresses, bills, taxes, blah, blah, blah) on Tuesday my husband's grandmother had a major stroke and we were told she had 48 hours to live but we couldn't see her at the 'families request'... Yeah we still can't really figure that one out, here I was thinking we were family!! But whatever... Yesterday marked 5 years since my husband's mother died so instead of seeing Nanna (My…

• Just having a really difficult time at home and with wider family. Sick of the world. Make it stop, I want to get off!

• Re: Hmmmm :-/

Houlahan - - Motivation & Resolve

Yep, as predicted Lost half of that weight gain overnight after our protein only day. Hopefully will be back on track by the end of this week!! Must get on the treadmill tonight! Haven't exercised now since Thursday :-o (not including the weekend where we were tending the vines... But I reckon that counts as 3 or 4 days worth LOL).

• Yes, that could be a factor too. If you don't eat enough, your body goes into starvation mode and your weight loss stalls. Just make sure you're getting your water because there's something about it that helps flush the fat cells out (or so I've read). I've also read about something called the 'whoosh' effect. So basically what happens is the fat cells empty and are filled with water(so your weight doesn't change), then all of a sudden, you get this 'whoosh' where they all clear out and you drop…

• Re: Hmmmm :-/

Course I'm not just blaming the weekend! We've been trying a few recipes from Jon Gabriel's cook book and he uses carbs like quinoa and lots of nuts/seeds... So I think last week we had a much higher carb content than any week previously so the weight gain makes total sense and wasn't at all unexpected.

• Hi Laureen, My husband and I are doing BT too and I found after 3 weeks I had a stall for a good fortnight. I busted through it by upping my water intake to around 3L a day and walking faster on the treadmill for a week. So whereas I usually walked at a pace of about 4kms per hour, I went up to 5.5kms for a few days. It got me over the plateau... Also, make sure you're taking your free day and doing protein only after. We always find (if we take our free day on Sunday and protein only on Monday)…

• Hmmmm :-/

No doubt about it, we had a massive weekend. Spent it at the in-laws pruning their vineyard. LOTS of walking, lots of energy exerted pruning vines by hand (no electric secs, just old fashioned ones)... However, it was also a massive weekend food wise. My in-laws don't pay their workers, they rely on family and friends to volunteer but what they do do is provide accommodation and FOOD!!! Big breakfasts, morning teas, afternoon teas, massive lunches, dinners, dessert tables and of course, copious …

• I simply had to share this recipe pulled from Jon Gabriel's book 'The Gabriel Method'. It's an absolutely awesome rich chocolate mousse that is essentially, entirely protein!! YES!!! 500g smooth ricotta cheese 4 egg yolks 4tbs organic dark cocoa powder 3tbs Stevia or Xylitol 3tbs protein powder Blend all ingredients in a food processor or by hand until smooth. Taste and add more sweetener if needed (I used 5tbs as I found 3 not quite sweet enough) Divide into portions and refrigerate until neede…

• Half way!!!

I just had to share my excitement!! Got on the scales this morning and have dropped below my second mini goal of 70kgs!!! Since April this year I've lost 8.5kgs and now have less than 10 to go before I reach a BMI of 22 V. excited!!! Not getting ahead of myself though, next mini goal is 65kgs and I'm aiming to get there in the next 6 weeks doing what I'm doing now with sensible eating, regular snacking and a weekly indulgence day to keep from feeling like i'm missing out. Going to upload a ticke…

• Happy Dance

Got on the scales this morning and did a little happy dance... I've officially exceeded 5kgs of weight loss and I'm now under only 1.5kgs off my second mini goal of 70kgs Oh, and I pulled on my work pants today which I dread and had in fact stopped wearing because the waist band pulled so tight around my belly... Low and behold, not only do they fit... they're ALMOST roomy!!! Boo-yah!!

• Re: Hi again!

Houlahan - - Introduce Yourself

Yep, I definitely concur about taking bits from different diets. At the end of the day I think that a diet doesn't work as a one size fits all system. Everyone is different, they have different needs, wants, body shapes, metabolisms, physical, mental emotional states and issues... We are certainly using aspects of both programs and working them to suit ourselves. My main concern is that it's practical and workable for the whole family and life proof! I don't ever want to have to give up the fun …

• Re: Hi again!

The Duigan diet is more about clean but slightly more balanced eating. So where Body Trim expects you to cut out most carbs AND fats, good or bad at least in the weight loss phase, the Duigan diet supports things like good grains and seeds (chia, pepitas etc), nuts, oils and fats like avocado as well as incorporating more dairy products. It just seems to me to be a bit more focused on healthy eating for the long haul rather than get the weight off at any cost... Duigan also advocates cleaner eat…

• I don't think I'd do the Michelle Bridges course again. It's great value in regards to initial outlay, around $200 for a 16 week program which covers everything from mental readiness and preparation to fitness programs and menus/recipes plus forum support both nationally and in your own local area and video lessons plus the opportunity to participate in live feeds where Michelle will answer your questions directly via live video feed... I found however that it required a huge time commitment and…

• Hi again!

Hey everyone, I've already written a hello message but I've had to ask Sherrie to change my username due to some external factors... So, I'm from Perth, I have 2 boys and I'm a teacher. My hubby and I started out 2 and a half weeks ago doing the Body Trim diet but we're actually seriously looking at switching to the Duigan diet or doing a hybrid of both. So far between us we've lost about 8kgs (he's lost 5 I've lost nearly 3 I think!!). I have at least another 13 to go whereas hubby is pretty cl…

• OMG I just had to share... I've been so dejected over the past week and a bit watching Ben's weight drop off while I was hovering between 73.4 and going up to 74.5kgs at some weigh ins... Anyway, last night I had a break through... (I will now have to admit I'm a bit obsessed with the scales at the moment)... So yesterday morning I weighed 73.8kgs when I got on the scales... Last night I weighed myself again and had only put on 100g and I couldn't help but crack a smile because previously I've a…