Search Results

Search results 1-5 of 5.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Annika Dahlqvist's dietary programme in English This was what I started on a couple of years ago and which I continue now. (but with a few bottles of red wine on the side) I didn't realize when I started how similar it was to the maintainance stage of Atkins. English version of her Swedish Blog I'm afraid Dr Dahlqvist has been subjected to the usual vicious bullying treatment health professionals meter out to insiders who whistleblow their disease promotion activities. Reporting accurately the s…

• Circulating 25-Hydroxyvitamin D Levels in Fully Breastfed Infants on Oral Vitamin D Supplementation similar information to that provided here Does Vitamin D Make the World Go ‘Round’?] Readers of the above papers need to understand that Hollis and Wagner operate from latitude 32N. I'm sure most Aussies understand that because of the amount of sea as opposed to land in the Southern Hemisphere there are less cities and less pollution so more UVB reaches the ground AND because of the way the earth …

• A more indepth summary is here It may also be worth suggesting that Taubes newbies to watch Taubes started with the DARTMOUTH Lecture The advantage of this version is that you can go through it slide by slide using the THUMBS TAB at the top of the page. Some of us are slower learners and need to listen more than once to certain sections. (slide 48 about 47mins into the talk) shows Taubes isn't that far from Lustig and Johnson. I found listening to the online lectures, then reading the epilogue f…

• Quote from Sherrie: “wow” Bit different from Dr Dahlqvist's dietary program This is the plan I followed to lose weight. I then discovered Dr Dahlqvist devised this diet for her diabetic patients. I haven't actually bothered to calorie or carb count but I guess I average between 50~100 carbs daily. If I had a diabetes diagnosis I'd be more interested in Dr Bernstein's program. Who, I'm pretty sure suggests 6g breakfast 12g lunch 12g evening meal = 30 carbs daily.

• Quote from Snez: “I don't think thats correct I think the American Diabetes Association still recommends more carbs. Do you have a link, would be interested to read it. I know just recently they have said low carb diets are okay for weight loss but short-term only.” While this may not be official ADA policy it does come from a leaflet from their website so must be within their current guidance. ADAdailycarbs-1.jpg Children with Diabetes NEW YORK STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH