Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 169.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Re: Starting from scratch

Morte - - Low Carb Beginners

Not sure, Sherrie ... they're pretty complicated. Chillis and fermented soy beans and whatnot. I'm going to look for recipes though. Anything is possible. Fortunately, recipes only call for like 1/2-1 teaspoon of each, so not getting too much exposure.

I'm the same, Chris ... with the little protein bars Those small ones can be life savers when you're out and about and can't get to anything 'safe' to eat. I was a little sad when I finally managed to track down the authentic Korean chilli and bean pastes that most of the sauce recipes call for. First ingredient on both is corn syrup, one is even HFCS. Thankfully, you only need tiny amounts of each in a recipe. I'm going to be looking around to see what alternatives there are.

I'm going to be making Korean BBQ for dinner this coming Saturday. The dipping sauce has some sugar, but I'm going to try substituting Natvia, and see how that goes.

That's the plan right now. As high carb foods are eaten (by the family, not me) I won't be replacing them. Except for buying chocolate when it's on special. My hubby likes to take a few blocks when he goes o/seas on business trips Thanks to said business trips, we've developed a taste for Korean food, which (if you skip the rice) is fairly low carb, so great! Lots of grilled meat, veggies, chilli. I try to avoid buying the highly processed low carb food substitutes. Too many chemicals and such, …

Low Carb is where I'd like to be. I just need to get back into the habit again. I'm hoping a good detox will help kill some of my cravings again, and make things easier.

I'm here Life has been ... hectic! And I've changed my mind ... I never really did have any luck with Atkins, and lost a lot of weight on Bodytrim (even if I did put it back on) ... so, that's where I'm heading. I made the decision this morning, stopped at the supermarket and bought up for my protein-only 3 days of detox. So far, so good! Hopefully I'll be back a little more quickly this time.

Wow, Sherrie, that was quick No, I haven't decided yet. Probably not BT. Too much protein. Might start with Atkins, and see how I go. My dietician would shit himself at LCHF. He wants me to eat 3-4 breads/cereals a day! I told him it'd make me sick. Oh, and apparently I get 2 serves of 60-100g of protein. Yeah, right. I've been really trying to clean up my diet, but it's been so hard. A new dessert cafe in my neighbourhood with THE BEST CAKES doesn't help I'm keeping a food diary, recording my b…

• Starting from scratch

*waves* Hi. So, I need to do this again. I've messed myself up, let my blood glucose and general health get out of control. And the only thing that EVER worked, was low carb. I know it all still, intellectually, but I need to relearn practically. So yeah, hi again

• I used to use this recipe: 1 egg 1 tbsp protein powder 1 tbsp ricotta cheese If you want add 1 tbsp of either psyllium husk or oat bran. the oat bran gives the better texture for me, but neither is required, just good to keep you regular mix, and cook. it's about equiv to 100g protein food, or 2 eggs. If you're only eating 100g protein for breakfast, have half, save half, and have some bacon with it. yum morte

• Quote from ditzyblonde: “Yes, I had my free day on Saturday, and while I didn't go mental I had carbs and I had wine! ” On BodyTrim, always always always weigh yourself the morning of your free day, before you eat anything at all, after you've been to the bathroom. It's the one time of the week when you'll get a consistent reading. You'll find it'll take you 3-4 days before you 'work off' your 'free day' again, and start to register a weight loss for the new week. Also, remember 'free day' is tw…

• As long as you only eat the allowed vegetables, and you keep to one serve of approved carb foods at breakfast, you don't have to track your carb intake on Body Trim.

• No idea about weight management, never got there. But in weight loss, only at breakfast. I think, but could be wrong, in weight management you can have a carb serve at lunchtime.

• Sherrie is correct. You can have an orange or apple as your carb serve at breakfast, unless you're on Protein Only.

• If they contain ricotta, that's protein food, so that's a snack. just plain sugar-free jelly on it's own doesn't count as a snack.

• And sugar free jelly ... normal jelly has HEAPS of sugar, which is all carbs, and a no-no. For Bodytrim ... it's low-fat Ricotta, too. Not the normal stuff.

• Re: Another Newbie!

Morte - - Introduce Yourself

Welcome, Twistiegirl You've come to the right place for support and ideas. Good luck with your Atkins !!

• Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE! HI ALL

Don't frett, day two of detox is always the worst. The good news is ... it gets batter. I promise Just hang in there, and keep away from those carbs. Think of them as poison If you get a headache, or feel listless, have more water, and eat something (protein, of course), even if it's just a mouthful. It'll help. Once you get to day three, and start adding carbs at breakfast, I highly recommend berries or yoghurt, in preference to cereal or toast. It makes it much easier to keep the carb cravings…

• Re: TIME FOR A CHANGE! HI ALL

Welcome, Krista One thing you will find here is plenty of people going through the same types of daily trials you are yourself. You'll also find advice, support, and all sorts of good things I've done Bodytrim a few times, and it really does work ... if you stick to it. Make sure to drink all your water, and I highly recommend taking a multi vitamin and a good omega-3 supplement. They'll not only help with your general health, but they'll aid the weight loss. Don't worry too much if you can't ge…

• I think Sherrie and Mel are right in this one ... 'small stuff' is a teaspoon of something or other, not 1/4 of a cup, even over a whole dish. There are plenty of other things, with less carbs and better nutritional value than stale bread, that you can add to meatloaf to bulk it up and bind it together. Try beans, or chickpeas, or even almond meal.

• Re: Atkins

Try stewed rhubarb as a sweet treat after dinner. Stew with a little sweetener of your choice rather than the usual apple and sugar, and have some cream on top. Lovely, and very low in carbs.