Search Results

Search results 1-5 of 5.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Although my intention wasn't to lose weight when starting LCHF, I'm proud to say I've lost 5kg in 5 weeks. I now weigh less than I did when I last fell pregnant over 5 years ago. I'm 68kg now. Not sure if it will slow down anytime soon, but I'm feeling fantastic!

• All the best with your learning. Another child of mine was diagnosed with SPD earlier this year. So it's definitely been a year of learning here too!!!

• All good Sherrie, I already found them and hadn't actually seen either, so thank you. There are a few more on the Low Carb Down Under page too now. It's good to hear progress and updates from people in a similar situation.

• Hiya, my 6yo son was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes a couple of months ago and I've slowly been reducing his carbohydrate intake. The "recommended" intake was around 130-160g per day, and he's down to about 45g per day now. Not bad for a kid that loved bread, pasta and weet-bix. It has significantly lowered his insulin needs and his levels are much more stable and easier to keep in the healthy range. I changed myself to LCHF 5 weeks ago to see what it's like, and I'm loving it (even as a vegetar…

• A low carb vegetarian

hum - - Introduce Yourself

Hi Veggie, I'm new today. I know this is a bit old now, but maybe you will come along and read. I've been vegetarian for 25 years now and have been on LCHF for 5 weeks now. One of my children was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes a couple of months ago so I wanted to considerably lower his carb intake. The more I researched, the more I was intrigued to do it myself as well. The whole family is lower carb than they were a few months back as a result. I'm actually a qualified Nutritionist but only gr…