Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 60.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• I buy the Lindt 85% choc as well, and it appears it seems to be deleted in alot of places, my woolies no longer has it either and it looks like they are trying to clear out green and blacks 85% choc as well - not happy!

• Re: Mexican shredded beef

Licity - - Meat Recipes

My jar of salsa only has 5gm of carbs all up - seems low to me..

• Re: Jane Kennedy Recipes

Licity - - Low Carb Recipes

I made the zucchini pizza base tonight and topped it with tomato sauce, chicken, onion, tomato and a little pineapple, It was sooo yummy and much easier to make then the low carb pizza base using cream cheese. Although I did use 2 eggs to make mine as the mixture wasn't quite runny enough with one egg.

Ok just googled it and it has 62gm carbs per 100gm.. Better than sugar I guess and it apparently has a high mineral content.. Not good for losing weight though:rolleyes:

Has anyone found or used the coconut sugar that Janes uses in her desserts?? I am interested to know the carb count, I have a feeling it will be higher than I hoped..:(

I am in the middle of making Janes chicken parma and just pulled a bit of crumbed chicken off - YUM!! Almond meal makes a great coating.

Does anyone have a copy of Janes' moussaka and lasagne recipes?? I've never made moussake but Im keen to make this low carb version:)

• They also come in Almond Chip, Valencia Orange and Caramel Crisp. Also, they make blocks of chocolate called AntiOx Chocolate, which come with either Goji Berries or Acai Berries, both are sugar free but the Goji one is lowest in carbs from memory. Each block is equivalent in antioxidants to 12 cups of green tea

Love your low-carb pyramid too Melly

Thanks for the chicken parma recipe - cant wait to give it a go

Melly any change you could post her chicken parma recipe from the 2nd book please??

Jane Kennedy's Tandoori Chicken: 2 lean chicken fillets 1 tablespoon tandoori paste 1 tablespoon Greek yoghurt squeeze of lemon juice few iceberg lettuce leaves, shredded drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil splash of red wine vinegar or lemon juice lemon wedges RAITA 2 tablespoons Greek yoghurt 1/4 continental cucumber, seeded and finely chopped 1/2 tomato, seeded and finely chopped few mint leaves, finely chopped 1/4 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped 1. Preheat the oven to 210oC. Line an ov…

Here’s Jane’s suggestion for a simple, low-carb replacement for rice or mashed potato. Ingredients: (serves 2 as a side dish) Half a head of cauliflower – that’s all! PREPARATION Step 1 Break cauliflower into florets and place into a microwave dish with a lid. Don’t add water. Step 2 Microwave on high for (approx) 4 minutes. Step 3 Whizz the cauliflower with a Bamix or food processor until it resembles cous cous. It should be light and ‘fluffy’, not mushy, so you may have to experiment with cook…

• Jane Kennedy Recipes

I thought we could start a thread for anyone to add recipes from either of Jane Kennedys 2 books - 'Fabulous Food Minus the Boombah' and 'OMG! I Can Eat That?'. Boombah-free Zucchini Pizza Makes 1 pizza with 2 serves 1 large zucchini, peeled and grated 1 egg 100g grated light mozzarella cheese, plus extra to top 2-3 tbsp tomato passata 2-3 thin slices prosciutto small handful rocket Preheat the oven to 190C. Line a shallow baking tray or pizza tray with baking paper. Put the zucchini into a mixi…

• Just thought I'd mention Jane Kennedy has a new book out now called 'OMG! I can eat that'. Once again its low carb and has some good recipes such as 'Boombah-free zucchini pizza' and a low carb classic 'cauliflower rice'. Im yet to try the recipes but they sound great..

• Re: Price Specials

Licity - - Low Carb Living

Also just thought I'd mention that Woolworths sells their own brand 'Lo Carb" wraps - they are good too;)

• Re: Price Specials

Licity - - Low Carb Living

Hey just thought I'd let you know that Coles in Brisbane had a promotion on where you got a free '4 Ingredients" cook book with the purchase of 2 Gourmet Garden Herb/Spice tubes. I have found quite a few low carb recipes in it like Corn and Chive Frittatas and Creamy Chives and Garlic Chicken just to mention a couple... All the recipes use the Gourmet Garden herbs and so far have been really tasty. Most impressed

• Re: Protein shake for BT??

Licity - - Low Carb Beginners

Hi, I followed Bt and used to have the Atkins Vanilla shake in the morning. I still now use the Atkins choc shake as a snack in the afternoons. I think you will find that none of the protein shakes are super great tasting, you just need to find a way to make it nicer for you. I always blend mine up in the blender with a cup of ice to make it like a frappe. Then I add a tbs of cream if i have it to make it creamier, if not I use a dash of milk. With the vanilla shake I blended in a few berries (f…

• Re: Chicken Pizzola

Licity - - Chicken / Poultry

No you only put the chicken breasts between some plastic wrap while you hit them to flatten them out a little --> less messy

• Hey everyone, wow this diet plan seems to make alot of sense. I have lost nearly all the weight I want too doing Body Trim. This sounds like it would have been a great option too though. I went to a iridoligist/naturopath/homeopath when I was a teenager and found out then that I have candida. Is this diet suppose to eradicate Candida from your body or just eradicate the cravings associated with it?