Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 55.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Dont despair. The weight will come off. With the Atkins protein bars, they were a lifesaver for me. Just have to make sure that while they are low with the carb %, they still need to have the right protein %. I wouldnt do the Ab Circle Pro because that falls more into the 10% category of exercise that isnt really important for fat burning and you are building muscle that weighs more than fat, which is why you arent seeing the numbers on the scales. Instead I would pop on your pedometer and walk …

• Re: Curves?

Angel33 - - Fitness and Exercise

Thanks.. She was a moo moo, and it broke my heart ....all those poor women...ugh

• Swayzesmum...if you are hungry all the time just eat every hour and a half, but make sure its just protein, like a boiled egg, or 1 chevup(sausage) or 50grms of deli meat. I did that when I started on BT and it was a lifesaver. Walking is good. Keep it up.:D

• Re: Herro!

Angel33 - - Introduce Yourself

LOL Suzie...I found I got really bad migraines from the sugar content. Very bad, made me realise it's not worth it. When I go out to dinner I find that I usually endup up having a nice piece of fish or steak anyway and if they come with chips, I barely touch them or will just have a bite of someone elses dessert because I cant finish one on my own. The old me woulda eaten my chips AND pinched some off someone elses plate!! LOL

• Re: Herro!

I love BT. I also love the fact that we get free days, but is it just me or does anyone else find that they cant eat as much of the "crap" they used to eat. Tastes bloody delish but I just cant stomach much of it. A good thing I guess, just goes to show how much your body rejects toxic food.;)

• Congrats on the weightloss!! Thats awesome. Ive had a bad week and a half with food. Not all bad, but been eating sugary sweet treat (damn that time of the month)..and ive gained 600grms!! Having said that, Ive lost 8kgs so at least its only 600grms, can easily lose that!! They eye opening thing for me was though, the terrible migraines I had through that week and a half!! Very debilitating, made me dizzy and nauseus, so what Geoff Jowett says is true, sugar is white death!!!!:D

• A few snack ideas that have been life savers for me while on BT is I buy 150 grams of lean deli meat and split it into 3 50grm portions, or grill some lean bacon and put them into little containers. If you have it with you there is no excuse to snack bad when your friends are snacking on junk. Also if you want motivation, to cut back on the alcohol, swap every second glass with water. Not only is alcohol full of sugar and carbs, its very dehydrating. Just one or two glasses of alcohol can wipe o…

• Hi Fay and welcome. Just make sure in the first 3 days you drink the required amount of water otherwise you will get headaches. You need that water to flush all the toxins out. To make it easier I have a tall glass with every meal and snack. Good luck, bodytrim is great.

• It can also be discouraging weighing in every day. I used to do that and got upset when i didnt see much of a differenc. Now i weigh in sometimes once a week, sometimes once a fortnight, I mainly go on how my clothes feel. Happy to say they are alot looser!!:D

• I have to ask what you mean by, you are on track MOST of the time? On a system like bt, to get the full benefit, we should be on track ALL of the time, thats why they allow us free days to compensate. Also like the other person asked, are you weighing in just after your free day? Maybe change your weigh in day to mid - late in the week. With the steps I would encourage at least trying to walk an extra 5-10 mins. A little makes a big difference. Like with most forms of exercise, if we keep doing …

• Re: Curves?

Angel33 - - Fitness and Exercise

I used to work at a Fernwood. We were opening up a new one. I was only there for 4 months because the owner was a horrible person. Every time she would sign up an overweight lady, she would wait till they left the building then roll her eyes and laugh at them, saying they didnt need a gym, more a hope and a prayer. I was so p#**#d off with the attitude I left. This was someone promising to go through journeys with them, give them the support they needed balh blah blah....they were just dollar si…

• I will need to lift mine because i will be tripping over them!!:eek:

• Re: Needing ideas for energy

Angel33 - - Women and Health

Im on BT and I know that it sounds like a contradiction....but exercise first thing in the morning gives me energy. Also taking a womens multivitamin. In the mornings I have a shot of juice( apple, carrot, ginger, garlic and coriander).:D

• Inspirational!

Angel33 - - Motivation & Resolve

I had to share this with you all because when I read it, I fell in love with it. Made me realise no matter what tough journey we are all on, our greatness has never left us, its always been there, we just found it hard to see it in ourselves. At some point you have to own up to: how great you are, how beautiful you are, how much inner dignity and potential you have. Drop complaining about what other people didn’t give you or do for you, or how they mistreated you. Take repossession of your Self …

• Re: Teens on Body trim

Angel33 - - Low Carb Beginners

I think it's awesome she is trying to eat better. However, I wouldnt throw her straight into the full BT program, I think as a 12yr old it will be quite a shock to her system and she will struggle, especially with the 3 day detox. I would recommend just cutting her carb portions down and then slowly replacing them with the right carbs This way its gradual for her and the transition is smoother.:D

• Re: Need inspiration!!!

Well done Pumey!!!:D

• Yes we will all get there. Exciting times ahead!!! :-))

• Dani Im the same. I used to wear jeans to the beach. Even though there were women there bigger than me, I was always envious of them cos they had something i didnt have. Confidence!! And they didnt give a crap what people thought because they knew they had just as much right to be there as anyone else. Bless them for having an awesome attitude!!

• Just keep going with it. 1 spring roll isnt going to make alot of difference. Most important thing is that you acknowledged that you slipped and are ready to fix it. Im on bodytrim and My parents are burmese, therefore lots of rice and curries etc....sometimes mum will ask me to try something with the rice, I have a mouthful and thats it. A tiny bit here and there wont make any difference, Im still losing weight.:D

• Dani that sounds awesome. Apart from clothes etc...i just want to feel confident and be able to walk into a room with my head held high, rather than looking at the floor because Im scared people are judging me. I want to exude confidence and happiness, not in a conceited way, just a natural way. So that is one of the things I will do....don a sexy dress and tear up the dance floor with my girlfriends