Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 57.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Hello Everyone Its been a while since Ive been here but Ive been a member for a looooonnnng time, since 2002!!! Wow, how time flies. Hi Sherrie!! Well, I have jumped on the Bodytrim wagon, after struggling to lose the last 6kg baby weight! She is 16 months old now, and I still havent gotten rid of it! I have been eating low carb for years, still have a bit of carbs most meals as I used to work out a bit. But now, Ive hurt my back pretty bad and cant do anything but walk! After laying on my ar%e …

• Well, here I am again!!! Three posts in as many days, must be feeling very verbose at the moment!! I had to comment on this one as well as its a subject close to my heart, especially at the moment. I never really thought of myself as an "Attachment Parenter" but as I look back I realise its been pretty much what Ive been doing all along. Ive been researching alot lately. Ive just pulled my boy (7, nearly out of school to homeschool him. Lots of reasons why, I wont get into it here. Anyway, with …

• Pinchy the Lobster

Hayley - - The Lounge

Heheheh, yes, only the most high brow conversations bring me out....:D

• Pinchy the Lobster

Hayley - - The Lounge

Just have to come out of lurking mode for this. My son has a pet hermit crab called Pinchy, because of the Simpsons. Cracked up when I saw the subject title! And yes, we have Simpsons on all the time too. I dont mind too much, its a cartoon thats also funny for the adults. Hayley

• Coconut Oil

Hayley - - Real Research and Media

Hi Sherrie Are you taking the cod liver oil as well as the coconut oil?

• Coconut Oil

Hi Moonie Yes, it is organic. The blurb on the side of the jar says "Melrose Organic Coconut Oil (butter) is a pure, natural, virgin cold pressed Coconut Oil. It is produced within 1 hour of opening a coconut by villagers using the Direct Micro Expelling (DME) process developed by Kokonut Pacific Pty Ltd. This oil retains the natural aroma and flavour of coconut. Coconut oil does not raise cholesterol levels but is quickly metabolised into energy. It is high in lauric acid. " Hmmm, it all sounds…

• Now I know why....

Hi all Now I know why you all went ewwww when I told you I could eat coconut oil off the spoon. I bought a new brand the other day, a Melrose one, and it is definately not as nice as the Aclara one I had before. Im now disguising it in my cooking as I can even taste it in my protein shakes. Wonder why they are so different??? Just thought I would let you know.... H

• Which Brands?

Hi Sherrie Just thought I would come out of lurking mode for a minute to ask what brand of coconut oil you use?? Ive been reading with great interest the benefits and thought I would give it a try, especially as it can help with PMS and I need all the help I can get!!! I bought some today from the health food shop. The brand Ive got is Aclara Health I love the taste!! Have been sneaking a few spoonfuls here and there but think Ive over done it as had to make a few trips to the loo!! I cooked our…

• Thanks Sherrie!

Hayley - - The Lounge

Yes, it was a public holiday, so lucky to have one every birthday!!! We had a very quiet day as we celebrated the night before and the ole liver doesnt keep up as well as it used to! Drinking lots of dandelion tea today....:D

• Thanks Moonie for asking. Im back on induction as of this week. Dont know how much weight Ive put on but my clothes are getting a bit too tight! Heres a link for store locations for You Can Bake It. bakeit.com.au/stores.htm

• Just have to chime in here and let you guys know, Ive found some gluten flour at "You can Bake It" bread shops. Its only 12g of carbs / 100g. And its pretty cheap too, about $6 for 1kg.

• Hey Sam I made some french toast with this bread and some egg whites the other day, OMG!!! Sooooo delicious!

• I just have to say, I love this bread!!!! I make a loaf every 6 days and have 2 pieces for breakfast each morning with avocado (trying to lower my cholesterol). I love the chewy texture, kind of reminds me of a croissant(sp?). It feels like such an indulgence. Thanks Sam!

• Bad news!

Hayley - - Low Carb Living

Hi Delia Yes, I did fast, for 12 hours, so I think the results are pretty accurate. Im missing my eggs so much, I didnt realise they were such a staple food in my diet until now. I bought some of those frozen egg whites in a carton yesterday but havent tried them yet. Anyone else know what they are lilke? Unfortunatley, I didnt get my cholesterol checked before low carbing, I wish I had though ..... Im over people telling me after hearing about my levels "Oh, you will have to stop that diet now"…

• Bad news!

LOL, I hear you! Thank the goddess (actually, thank Guru Bartman) black is always stylish! Just thought I would let everyone know, I had my last exam for the semester yesterday and am now on holidays for a month! Woooooooohooooooooooooo!

• Bad news!

Hahahah Bartman. Ive used your advice before and you havent failed me yet. Im converting, just tell me where to purchase the maroon robes, or should they be orange?:p

• Bad news!

Thanks Moonie for that info. I must admit I like Bartmans theory, it does seem to make sense. Im just going to cut down on the eggs and cream and see how my next test goes. Will keep you all informed. Here's all my stats Total Cholesterol : 8.6 HDL : 2.16 Trig : 1.2 LDL : 5.9 Hayley

• Bad news!

Hi Peoples Well, I just got some bad news yesterday that has frustrated me so much I need to write about it here, if just to vent! I had my cholesterol checked the other day, mainly because mum and dad both had high cholesterol and then my sister, who is 2 years older than me, had her's checked and it was also high. So, more out of curiosity, I had mine done. Im am 29, 5'8" and weigh about 61kgs (yay for low carb). Anyway, my cholesterol is ........ ready 8.6!!!!! 8.6!!!!! That is higher than my…

• The South Beach Diet

I saw this when browsing today secure.agoramedia.com/index_sb…24-486D-876D-86B7F84F5C81 Hayley

• Exam Time!

Hayley - - The Lounge

Hi Peoples Ive got exams this week and was reading on my uni website hints to help you succeed. One guy suggested taking in sugar jubes to feed the brain with glucose and help you concentrate better. Does anyone have any opinions on this? And if you agree, any lowcarb options. Thanks! H:)