Forum Upgrade

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Forum Upgrade

Hey Guys

I decided to upgrade the forum last night as there's just so much to do and I didn't want to do it all twice plus I can't test things on my own :)

There's still heaps for me to do but you should be able to get a general idea of where it's going now. For mobile users, there is a default mobile style that you can use, let me know if it's ok. I will probably personalise it later but for now I am just trying to get all the content sorted.
      For everyone else, I hope this default style is ok, I think it is generally workable now, feel free to let me know if you have any problems. I tell you the way these styles and templates are set out in this version of vbulletin drives me crazy as there is no logical flow to it, some things simple like changing a background colour can be like searching for a needle in a hay stack. I will likely add more style options as well such as fixed width style like I did with the old forum but not until I have added content etc I've also still got to put a banner up top etc which I will do.

You will notice the software has changed a lot and I have also changed our thanks mod. We now have a thanks and a like button, there was the option of a dislike button but I didn't really think that serves any good in a support community!

There is now blogs and a CMS installed which I am about to start working on. You can access the CMS from the Articles button on the top navigation bar. I have disable access to non registered users for now as I don't see a point in sending search engine bots there until I have moved the content over there. You are welcome to have a sticky beak at how it looks. Basically what I aim to do is move all the content accessible from the home page to the CMS plus I will be able to keep it updated with news items of stuff from the forum. It should all flow together a lot better then how the old site did so I look forward to when that is finished.

I hope you like it :)
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.