Widget's Hamburger Buns

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Widget's Hamburger Buns

I make these in a muffin top pan, which is the perfect size for a hamburger bun.

I have tried revolution rolls, Oopsies and others, but they didn't do it for me, so I decided to invent a hamburger bun that is more bread-like, and this one definitely is. Don't let the pork rind flour fool you, you won't taste a trace of it. These sturdy buns will stand up to any burger you throw at it (along with all the messy fixings), I have eaten many an angus burger on these.

Hamburger Buns (makes 6)

1/4 cup (50 mL) plus 2 tablespoons (30 mL) coarsely chopped pork rinds [approx. 1/2 ounce (15g)]
      3/4 cup (175 mL) almond flour
      3/4 teaspoon (3 mL) baking soda
      1/2 teaspoon (2 mL)garlic powder
      1/2 teaspoon (2 mL)onion powder
      1 or 2 packets Splenda (optional)
      3 eggs
      1/4 cup (50 mL) plus 2 tablespoons (30 mL) mayonnaise

Preheat oven to 400 degrees (204 degrees Celsius). Oil the wells of a muffin top pan.

Grind the pork rinds into a flour. In a small bowl, stir together the dry ingredients. In another small bowl, use a fork to beat together the eggs and mayonnaise, then beat in half the dry ingredients until smooth, then the other half.

Spoon the mixture evenly into the wells of the pan. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, until lightly browned. Remove from pan immediately and let cool. Slice with a serrated knife. Can be frozen.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sherrie: More broken photo bucket links! ().