Basic Almond Meal Muffin Mix and some variety suggestions.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Basic Almond Meal Muffin Mix and some variety suggestions.

Basic Muffin Mix

These versatile sugar-free and low-carb muffins can be the basis for many variations, including low carb blueberry or herb muffins.

Ingredients:
      • 2 cups almond flour/almond meal
      • 3 teaspoons baking powder
      • 1/4 teaspoon salt
      • 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
      • 4 eggs
      • 1/3 cup water
      • Sweetener to taste -- about 1/4 cup or 1/3 if you like sweeter
      • Add what ever essence you choose,eg vanilla, coconut, coconut rum

Preparation:
      1) Preheat oven to 180c.
      2) Place 12 muffin cases on baking tray.
      3) Mix dry ingredients together well.
      4) Beat well the wet ingredients (tip melt butter but let it cool or it will turn to custard)
      5) Add wet ingredients and mix thoroughly
      6) Put in muffin tins (about 1/2 to 2/3 full) and bake for about 15 minutes.

Variations: Add 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries/raspberries for berry muffins. *See recipe for blueberry version 2 posts down :)*

Nutritional Information: Each of 12 muffins has approximately 2 grams carbohydrate plus 2 grams fiber, 6 grams protein, and 185 calories.
      Bron Doingit
      :)
      Now to maintain.....hard work! :D

The post was edited 3 times, last by Sherrie: baking powder ().

• Updated Basic Almond Meal Muffin Mix and some variety suggestions.

These versatile sugar-free and low-carb muffins can be the basis for many variations, including low carb blueberry or herb muffins.

Ingredients:
      • 2 cups almond flour/almond meal
      • 3teaspoons baking powder
      • 1/4 teaspoon salt
      • 1/2 cup coconut oil liquid
      • 4 eggs
      • 1 frozen pack blueberries thawed and warm
      • Sweetener to taste -- about 1/4 cup or 1/3 if you like sweeter
      • Add what ever essence you choose,eg vanilla, coconut, coconut rum
      • 1 tbs brandy
      Preparation:
      1) Preheat oven to 180c.
      2) Place 12 muffin cases on baking tray.
      3) Mix dry ingredients together well.
      4) Beat well the wet ingredients
      5) Add wet ingredients and mix thoroughly then fold in the berries
      6) Put in muffin tins (about 1/2 to 2/3 full)
      7) Turn down oven to about 160
      and bake for about 25 minutes.

My oven only will accommodate 8 large muffin cases so mine are a bit bigger so take longer to cook and have 3g carbs each. Still jolly good value.

I took them to Aqua Christmas morning tea today and everyone just raved. WOO HOOO
      Bron Doingit

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sherrie: nutritional info ().

• Re: Basic Almond Meal Muffin Mix and some variety suggestions.

Bron I just realised, did you want me to edit the first post with the second updated post?
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.

Is that nutritional information including the blueberries? Does that mean you want me to delete the basic recipe in your first post?
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

ok done and I added a little see below for blueberry version to the first post.

Is 2 tsp baking powder for basic and 3 teaspoons for blueberry correct?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sherrie: sp ().

Sherrie wrote:

Is 2 tsp baking powder for basic and 3 teaspoons for blueberry correct?

Thanks Sherrie. I actually think they all need 3 tsp as this lot were much more light and fluffy than the first attempt with the raspberries. Problem is they are sooooo good you just want to eat them all at once.:eek:

anyhow think I will make them to take down to the gathering on Christmas morning in smaller cases as my contribution to the table.
      Bron Doingit

Ok I will edit your basic recipe to 3. I know with the baking powder I have, it says to use 2 tsp per cup.