no weight loss in two weeks, what am i doing wrong?? easy to give up!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• no weight loss in two weeks, what am i doing wrong?? easy to give up!

it's not my weigh in day but i had a sneaky peak at scales this morning, they have not budged!!! my free day was last saturday, I have been very good, didn't even eat my husbands birthday cake last night! I have been to the Gym every single day.

so I have been on this diet for nearly 3 weeks and I have only lost a kilogram, I would have thought I would have lost more than in at least water.....what to do??? I am not giving up!!! but boy I need some encouragement :(
    • Re: no weight loss in two weeks, what am i doing wrong?? easy to give up!

Don't judge until you weigh next morning of your free day, hopefully the next couple of days will bring you some losses. I strongly suggest starting a diary and posting your foods each day. Also keep in mind that TOM(time of month) will also have an effect on weight, sometimes we only lose at certain times of our cycle.
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.

I am far from an expert, but I suggest maybe you post a day or twos food menu on here and I know there are plenty of members on here who can point out tiny mistakes or alterations. I didn't realise I was eating wrong cause they are marketed as healthy, and those small things added up. Some of the members on here are wonderful with help like that . . .. just an idea :D
      Got 2 Do It

Just Keep Going.. . . . . . a loss is a loss :cheer:

[IMG:
      http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wf9qpPU/weight.png]

many things affect your scales

perhaps on a humid day it may be a little less exact than on a cold day

if you have not been to the loo you will weigh a little more

likewise with pee and with breaking wind - they all add some little weight if they are inside your body instead of released

if the moon is overhead it has a little tidal effect on your liquids in the body and makes you weigh a little less

if you put on muscle it will weigh more than the fat you lost

do not give up and do not sweat the small stuff - keep going and keep eating healthy and the scales will budge again

expect the scales not to budge for a few days and dont worry about it.

for example it has been known that people weigh more on a Wednesday - why? because they eat more during the weekend and it takes till Wednesday for that extra food to show up on the scales

the reverse is also true

Hey Sandilee,

All I can say is don't give up.

Got 2 Do It, made a great suggestion about posting your eating for a week so we can all check it and help you out.

If the eating is good then there are probably some great results going on with body transformation if you are doing gym type training.
      I would recomend taking use measurements and comparing monthly to give it a reasonable timeframe.

I'd also suggest taking measurements as above, gym work can build muscle which weighs more than fat so you may have reduced overall size, but gained muscle.

You have to look at low carb like a lifestyle and not a fad diet. Sign up for the long term and don't sweat the little plateau's and positive weight gains along the way. Think more that over time, you will reduce.