Body Trim Related Qns.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Body Trim Related Qns.

Hello :)

I am currently attempting to plan my shopping list for the start of my BT journey, and I have got myself a little confused with all of the reading I've been doing around the forum, so I have a couple of questions if anyone could be so kind to try and help me :o

Is it ok to use a little cream to make a sauce? I'm not expecting it to be a yes, but if so, how much should be ok in one serving?

Is canola oil ok to use to cook meats?

On free days, do you have to eat the proteins for each meal and the snacks and then add what you want to make it 'free'? Or just the protein snacks and your protein and carb brekkie, then whatever you want for lunch and dinner (within moderation)? If that makes sense! :noidea:

I also found on this forum a post somewhere saying how much sauce you can have, depening on how many carbs per 100g... I can't for the life of me find it so I can write it down!

I apologise if these are silly questions or if I've repeated any that have already been asked, I think my brain is in overload from all the info I've been trying to take in! :distracted: All of you lovely people are probably sick of seeing the same questions on here over and over :p

Any help would be very greatly appreciated :thumb:
    • Re: Body Trim Related Qns.

Chan I'm not on BT but I believe there is a quote by Geoff "Don't sweat the small stuff" a little cream probably won't hurt as its very low carb.

The strictest phrase of Atkins induction limits cream to around 3-4 tablespoons per day if memory serves correct how ever other fats like butter and oil are unlimited so I'm guessing part of the reasoning is carbs and because it's easier to over do yummy cream. That doesn't help much with BT but I'm sure if you were having a meal per day that included a tablespoon of cream it really shouldn't hurt particularly as everything else is low fat. Some BT members here add extra fat intentionally, not sure if any are around atm.

I don't know about BT but from a health perspective coconut oil, butter(ghee in particular), macadamia and olive oils are best for cooking with the first 2 being best simply because they're more stable. Avoid vegetable oils.

Have you tried the bodytrim in a nutshell thread?
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.

Thank you very much Sherrie :)

I do love my garlic cream sauces lol mainly with pasta and potato bake, so it's good to hear I might be able to keep having small amounts of the sauce, even if I do have to change what I put it on!

And thank you for the oil info :thumb: very helpful.

I have read through a lot of the Bt in a nutshell thread, I think I may have to go over it again! There is so much to take in :rolleyes:

Haha there's even more info in the bodytrim diet thread but it would do my head in going through that as its way too long!
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.

Hi Christi :)

Tha garlic cream sauce I make serves 3-4 people with pasta. (PLEASE NOTE: I haven't made it yet to suit BT or any diet yet, as I'm starting tomorrow, hence the amount of cream and the pasta as my example recipe, lol!)

I don't use a recipe, as it is sooo easy... I kind of just taste it as I go! But I use roughly 1 cup of cream, 6 slices of shortcut bacon (chopped up), 3tsp of minced garlic - or 1-2 cloves, depending on your taste, about 2 Tb of parmesan cheese (any grated cheese works too, except maybe not mozerella!), a pinch of salt and a dash of pepper. Oh and sometimes add in some chopped up mushrooms.

I just cook the bacon (and mushrooms if using) in a bit of oil, then add in the cream, garlic, salt and pepper til hot, then add in the cheese and mix til melted in - the more cheese and longer you let it cook, the thicker it will be! You don't need to use cheese, it just adds a little extra flavour, and I'm not sure if cheese is ok for BodyTrim? If anyone knows, I'd love to know :)

Yum! Well it's one of my favs! I think it's one of the main reasons I put on weight though. With all of that pasta, and too much cream! lol I also use it as my potato bake sauce and it is so good! Only difference is, you don't cook the sauce, you just mix everything (minus the cheese) with the cooked bacon and put over the potatoes, then sprinkle with the cheese and bake away!

I guess to make it more LC diet friendly, you could cook less and just use a tablespon over veges or meat , and ditch the pasta and potatoes, which I will miss dearly lol, and be careful of the amount of bacon if having it with other protein I guess, fo BT'ers...

Chann

Hey chann,
      Bit naughty but I have had creamy sauces a few times on BT.. One with Moroccan chicken, stock and cream on top of cauli low carb rice and the other I made a pan sauce with garlic, mushrooms lea n perrins n cream with steak..
      Yummy and I'm still losing.. Like sherrie and Geoff said.. Don't sweat the small stuff and the aim is too make it a lifestyle n not a diet :)

[Blocked Image:
      http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w3yRik0/weight.png]

If your still looking for that one person to change your life, take a look in the mirror...

Hi Venus :) I have made this since been on bodytrim and had cream here and there :) Jamie Oliver has a beautiful mushroom cream sauce on his website. Great for steaks and as a pasta sauce!

[Blocked Image:
      http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w5kC2WF/blk-weight.png]

[COLOR="#800080"]“Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="#000000"]- Albert Einstein[/COLOR]

That sauce sounds delicious.. you could still have it over say broccoli, cauliflower, swede, kohl rabi, or a mix of it all.. and still low carb.. really who needs potatoes?.. lol.. last night I used cabbage instead of pasta .. still delicous.. low carb and filled me up