Low Carb Pizza lovers - deep dish pizza - yum.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Low Carb Pizza lovers - deep dish pizza - yum.

Hi everyone,

I saw this on another board and made some slight variations. Taste pretty good and would be a great standby when the rest of your family is eating regular pizza.

I had 2 serves to myself and divided the rest between my husband, two sons and their friend.....they laughed at the size of their serve - but enjoyed the dish! Unfortunately I thought they would be out on a Saturday night but they all stayed in so ended up eating my new recipe.

Hope you all enjoy. It's very simple to make and 2 portions with a good mixed salad would make a nice brunch or lunch for one person.

Here it is then!

Deep Dish Pizza

Serves 6.

Philadelphia cream cheese, 120g
      Egg,Whole,Raw,4 medium egg (55-64g)
      Cheese, Parmesan, 1/4 cup (grated)
      oregano spice, 1/4 tsp
      Cheese, Mozzarella 1.5 cups (shredded)
      pizza sauce (Ardmona 140g tub)
      Extra cheese, Mozzarella, 3/4 (shredded)
      Mushroom, Raw, 50g (diced)
      Salami, hot or mild, 90g (I like it hot and used shaved from deli) Olives, Black, Kalamata, In Brine, Drained, 20g (diced up)

Heat cream cheese in microwave on high for 35 seconds. Lightly beat eggs in separate container and add a little at a time to cream cheese, mixing well (with whisk if possible) so cream cheese does not curdle. Continue till all egg is added and mix is smooth. Add Parmesan and oregano.
      Spray 9" x 13" baking pan with cooking spray.
      Put 1.5 cups of mozzarella cheese in pan and pour egg mixture over. Use spatula to cover cheese with egg mixture. Bake at 190oC for 30 min. Leave oven turned on.

Remove from oven and spread on pizza sauce, layer with salami, mushrooms and olives. (Add finely diced red pepper if desired). Sprinkle with mozzarella. Return to oven and bake 10-20 mins until bubbly and brown.

Nutrients per serve (6 serves)
      Energy (kJ) 1437.43
      Energy (Cals) 343.39
      Protein (g) 22.96
      Total Fat (g) 26.70
      Carbohydrate (g) 3.18
      Dietary Fibre (g) 0.74
    • Hey does anyone still make this? Any more variations?

I never did give this a go I think I will soon, might make a nice lunch!

Has anyone ever froze it?
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.
    • I'm not a big pizza eater mostly because I am very fussy on the base like I am bread. The only base I really like is a thin and crispy type one and I can't handle the slightest hint of sogginess. So thats why I never tried this, how does the base compare?
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.
    • Re: Pizza lovers - deep dish pizza - yum.

I made this last night and it was alright, i think it needed more tomato paste as the egg in it was a bit much for me. I have frozen most of it it individual slices so i will let you know how that turns out.
      Needed more spicy toppings i think, i used bacon,capsicum,mussels and tomato.
      The base was very crisp in places and then quite soft but still holdable in other areas.

I was already full from a oopsie roll with roast beef and tomato so maybe the next time i eat it it will taste better. It sure smelt nice though and looked like the real deal.
      Current weight or lowest weight when im not being bad weight:D

10 kilo goal by September
    • Re: Pizza lovers - deep dish pizza - yum.

Yes this is my favourite substitute pizza :D
      Haven't made it for awhile so next time I'll try cooking the base longer and see if it does crisp up.
      The texture is more like the deeper crust pizza's but does hold together nicely as it cools off a little. :)

Lord, Grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
      Courage to change the things I can,
      and the Wisdom to hide the bodies of the people I may have to kill because they p!$$ me off.