Your Favourite telly shows

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Re: Your Favourite telly shows

I love Homeland as well, I wonder when that's on next? I also loved his show before that but it was axed.
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.

I do just vaguely remember those TV shows and the reason it ends up being a conversation about food is because that is my favourite subject..... I watched a movie about Lucille Ball the other day, it was really interesting. Oh and I remember my 2 brothers and I used to have Mickey Mouse stools and that's what we sat on when we watched that show.....in black and white....OMG.....that's enough now....I'm feeling old.
      Mantra for 2014.....YOU CAN DO IT, NEVER GIVE UP! :cheer:
      [IMG:
      http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wMaitr6/weight.png]

Lala you are repeating threads again - I'm not sure what you are doing - I think I remember Sam saying you had saved it or something. Yes I thought the same when you were sitting on stools - time to change the subject :D - that would have been an interesting movie on Lucille Ball because she was a very clever person - she did not have to resort to foul language to get a laugh & her husband Desi Arnez was a drunk who sponged off her. As it is Anzac Day I love to have the telly on watching the march with all the bands playing - it is so moving & something all the children need to know about.

I've just come from my diary about "stools" to see Lala has mentioned in this thread too:D!!....your too funny.

Hey I loved Lost in Space Lala one of my all time favourites....my brother and I used to watch it as kids when we lived in Adelaide back in the 70's.....wow the memories. I still will watch the reruns on foxtel and would love to buy the boxset one day......and another one of my favourites is Get Smart, Bewitched and The Munster's. My mum loved young talent time and all those variety shows and we would watch it with her:). It's funny how these shows can bring back happy memories:). I loved growing up in that generation....even though we were immigrants and were strangers in a new country we had such lovely neighbours and friends that we stayed in contact with through the years. When my boys tell me about the racism and discord that happens at their schools I find it hard to understand at times because my family who moved through out Australia for my Dad's work as a Teacher and we had to start a new School every few years....well I can honestly say we did not come across it that much....I had a strong network of friends and the odd racial jibe was quickly nipped in the bud by me and my friends. OMG Lala you got me taking a trip down memory lane......what a variance from poo to old TV shows.

Kel I'm watching the ANZAC march too today. I used to do the marches as a child while in Primary School down our main street in regional Qld.

Sam I think all the frustration with call centres and microsoft technician scams etc have probably caused some problems. I remember getting harassed really badly by one whom even started calling numerous times a day, I stopped being nice with them after that! Before I would always hear them out even though I already knew I wasn't going to buy anything, now I just say straight up no sorry and hang up, although that doesn't happen much because I have been on the do not call register since then. I also remember when we first moved here and had a new number thinking having a silent number would be enough they went hell for leather on Garry once saying some pretty nasty stuff. But even here with Australians calling for charities it is getting bad. I used to be such a sucker for all that but I am losing my patience with them also because they are so manipulating about it.
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Yes that is one of the reasons Sherrie and I have been bombarded by those same callers as well...and it is sad because they are just doing their jobs and they do not get paid the same amount of money as it would an Aussie if the jobs were kept in Australia. It is the same with Taxi drivers....there was a shortage in Australia so the Australian government opens there gates to immigrants for work in this area and now there is such ridicule about it.
      The decisions that Government's make for monetary or any reasons can affect a society strongly when these changes are made to cause division between people whether deliberate or not but they can cause long term repercussions and as we know from history people confronted with change do not handle it well and by change I mean political, racial, religious etc...
      I remember having a discussion with someone from the UK who himself was an immigrant say to me that I would probably feel more comfortable living in an area with people of the same origin as myself:mad:....I could not believe what I was hearing as he was living in a highly populated area of people who came from the UK!!! Also he had immigrated out here as an older person with a family....my parents immigrated out here because of Apartheid and they wanted us to have a better future which we are thankful for everyday. I only realised after the passing of my parents that for them to leave all their family, friends and all things familiar to them must have been a huge and scary journey but with all life's changes and challenges they managed and grew to love this country as their own as I have too.:)X

Thank you Sam for reminding me to stay here when we are chatting about MKR - Lala that was your fault :whip: I was only answering you so we must be more careful & not let Jeni know how MKR finishes - what happens if she come here :confused:. Anyway I have to say that I was surprised that Jake & Elle were not eliminated as I thought the Tassie guys meals were better. J&E cooked rabbit & the Tassie boys cooked beautiful lamb (although it did look a little undercooked) & then the boys dessert was better - That young Tassie guy has made some lovely looking desserts. So Sunday night is the final with Dan & Steph & Jake & Elle - thank goodness it will be finished :).

I think you warned her not to come in here. I think J&E meals were more complex which is why they won and also M&M Lamb was under cooked....so it is Qld vs Qld.

Who do you think will win? You already know that I hope it's D&S as they just seem a really down to earth hard working couple who desperately need the money to get a start in life.

Anyway roll on Sunday.....A place to call home is on after as well.

Yes and you guys will know 2 hrs before me who wins, because of the time delay.....I like both couples so I will be happy just to watch what they cook, actually for their age J & E are incredibly accomplished with their cooking skills and menus.
      [IMG:

I think J & E's was better, remember their entree and main was really good and faultless and the only thing wrong with their dessert was the sheet of jelly. They should've tasted a trimming before putting them on.

Boy oh boy Sunday night can not come quick enough with all these annoying ads for the final of MKR - how to turn a person off quickly - I like both teams & they both deserve to win - I will watch it with the mute button going on regularly because Pete & Manu are very repetitious to the point of being pains. I am sitting here in front of the telly as I type away & if I am not tired there is a show on at 10.30 'Downsize Me' of course a BL type show but only an hour - problem is I fall asleep in the last 10 minutes & miss the 'afters' which is the best part.

I am amazed I did not mention this yesterday because I love watching the Anzac March & all shows that have marching bands with bagpipes - in the New Year we always have the Military Tattoo & I love to watch that too - so Lala do you watch these too :)

The post was edited 1 time, last by 2kellen2 ().

No I dont....but I am watching the voice at the moment, I can't believe that Abby Dobson didn't get through! She had CFS and RA.......that is why the band Leondardos Bride called it an end!!! She has a beautiful voice.....
      [IMG:

One more sleep Kel!!!....I can't wait for it to be over too this year...it sure has dragged.
      They actually ran back to back MKR after Better homes and Gardens last night..but I went to bed and read instead.

Inspector George Gently is on tonight which I love but I tape it and watch through my week day lunch break.