Wednesday Weekly Weigh in - all Welcome

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Morning Everyone

Week.................................1............ ........2....................3.................... 4...................5.
      Sandra ...<75.4>...................71.1..................72.3................70.8................................................
      jmama ...<93.1>...................90.1..................87.3.................86.4...........................................
      Kathy .....<here>...................98.2...................................................................................
      Baroness..<here>...................72.5.......................................................................................
      Irma.......<here>..................93.1..................93.0..................................................................
      Goatfell...<here>..................70.7..................69.9...................................................................
      Loz........ <here>........................................................................................................................
    • Week.................................1............ ........2....................3.................... 4...................5.
      Sandra ...<75.4>...................71.1..................72.3................70.8................................................
      jmama ...<93.1>...................90.1..................87.3.................86.4...........................................
      Kathy .....<here>...................98.2...................................................................................
      Baroness..<here>...................72.5.......................................................................................
      Irma.......<here>..................93.1..................93.0..................................................................
      Goatfell...<here>..................70.7..................69.9...................................................................
      bignhappy.<100.0>...............................................................97.2............................................
    • Week.................................1............ ........2....................3.................... 4...................5.
      Sandra ...............................71.1..................72.3................................................................
      jmama ...............................90.1..................87.3...............................................................
      Kathy .................................98.2...................................................................................
      Baroness..............................72.5.......................................................................................
      Irma..................................93.1..................93.0.................94.2.................................................
      Goatfell..............................70.7..................69.9...................................................................
      Loz...................................100.0.........................................................................................

Woooh! That is what I expected. Was traveling yesterday with NO healthy options available. So I just gave up and pigged out. Steak and Kidney pie for lunch and then just went for broke after that. Chicken and roast potatoes, Bread and butter, some sort of creamy dessert ( it wasn't even really that nice :S ). Oh well! Now I'm home and can get back on track although we're out to a big dinner party tonight. Plus it's really cold and I'm craving warm comfort food. I really need some willpower!!!
      Well done Sandra, Jmama, great losses. Welcome Bignhappy - what a great start.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Shine4me ().

• Its tough when that happens Irma! For will power I spend a lot of time looking at the Recipes database; there are so many different options and it is fun to cook something new. Travel is tough I must admit, for me I try to do a kebab without the bread (as most places seem to have a kebab shop somewhere). Just an idea from my little experience on this WOE.
    • Thanks Sandra. It's great to be back home and back to my lchf way if eating.
      I'm having a dinner party next Tuesday and looking for some dessert option. I'm doing a fish soup with prawns, calamari, white fish and mussels with crusty french baguette (not for me). It is quite rich, so I need something fairly light to finish. Do you have any ideas? I thought perhaps berries with double cream yoghurt and/or cream.?? My husband wants apple crumble with ice cream, but I don't want to set myself up to fail. Very disappointed with my weight which has gone up even more. I was hoping it was just water weight. Oh well! Onward and upwards......
    • You could do a baked custard and serve with stewed fruit or if he likes crumble a rhubarb crumble, both custard and crumble recipes in desserts section.
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.
    • Shine4me wrote:

Thanks Sherrie, I'll check them out. I had a look at your ice cream recipe - looks good. Also there was a Tiramisu recipe which looks yummy. I haven't seen any rhubarb in the shops, so not sure if it's available at the moment. But thanks anyway.
      I can't forget this dessert, people often make it at Christmas time and other celebrations, if you're worried how others may cope with the bitterness of the chocolate you could always use 70%

Low Carb Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake

Actually no you wanted something light, what about Low Carb Buttery Almond and Coconut Cake I always make this as a birthday cake, you could serve with some fresh whipped cream and fresh fruit to keep it light.
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

• Rhubarb is just coming into season now I think as mine is growing really fast at the moment but I often find cut rhubarb pieces in the freezer section with the frozen berries.

• Hey thanks guys! I'll check out these suggestions. You are all so helpful. It is wonderful to be part of this caring team. The cheesecake looks AMAZING but I think it might be too rich for after the fish soup. I'll check out our local supermarket for the rhubarb.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Shine4me ().

• Looks like you lost the week 3 weights of a few others when you posted yours last Wednesday Irma... I've fixed it below...

Week.................................1.....................2....................3.................... 4...................5.
      Sandra ...............................71.1..................72.3...............70.8.................................................
      jmama ...............................90.1..................87.3...............86.4................................................
      Kathy .................................98.2...................................................................................
      Baroness..............................72.5.......................................................................................
      Irma..................................93.1..................93.0.................94.2.................................................
      Goatfell..............................70.7..................69.9...................................................................
      Loz...................................100.0.......................................97.2...................................................
    • I missed a couple of weeks. Just got back to where I was when I left anyway! :(

Week.................................1.....................2....................3.................... 4...................5.
      Sandra...............................71.1..................72.3...............70.8.........................................
      jmama...............................90.1..................87.3...............86.4................................................
      Kathy ................................98.2..................96.5...............98.0..............
      Baroness............................,72.5.......................................................................................
      Irma..................................93.1..................93.0..............94.2.................................................
      Loz...................................100.0....................................97.2...................................................
    • Morning Everyone:-)

Not sure I got the latest copy but here we go:-)

I am super excited; this is the first time I have been in the 60 kg's range for about 15 years; just by the skin of my teeth but am still happy about that.

Week.................................1............ ........2....................3.................... 4...................5.
      Sandra ...<75.4>...................71.1..................72.3................70.8.................69.8.............................
      jmama ...<93.1>...................90.1..................87.3................86.4...........................................
      Kathy .....<here>...................98.2......................................98.0...........................................
      Irma.......<here>..................93.1..................93.0.................94.2................................................
      bignhappy.<100.0>.............................................................97.2............................................

The post was edited 2 times, last by Sherrie: add weights from previous post ().