What is the best time to goto the gym?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• What is the best time to goto the gym?

what is the best time to goto the gym? early morning, morning, mid day, mid afternoon, late afternoon or night time? and before or after meals or snacks ?:confused:
      [Blocked Image: http://swlf.lilyslim.com/6BFTp8.png]

[COLOR="Purple"][SIZE="1"]Goal 01: 75Kg .......................... accomplished!
      Goal 02: 70kg .......................... accomplished!
      Goal 03: 65kg
      Goal 04: 59kg[/SIZE][/COLOR]
    • Re: What is the best time to goto the gym?

I think it is what you can stick to best.

When I was doing weights I used to find mornings best because I had more strength then and it would set me up for the rest of the day, e.g. clear my head, give me more energy and make me less hungry. If I tried at the end of the day I would feel tired, weaker and unmotivated and therefor would never put in a good work out..
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.

I started to write a long reply which I deleted because it just needs to be a time that you will regularly maintain - I prefer to go in the mornings because my classes are on at that time - & after brekky. It has to be a time that suits you so just go.

The post was edited 1 time, last by 2kellen2 ().

From my previous experience and when I can I still like to train in the morning on an empty stomach. The theory behind this is to use body fat to power the body, then eat a meal within an hour after training this allows the body to keep the metabolism going.

Currently I train my weights at night about 2hrs after my evening meal. After training I try to hold off for about an hour and have my evening snack as a protein shake. The main reason for training at night for me is because its the only time in the day I get 30 minutes to myself.
      Personally training at night has a fatigue factor but on the upside it helps burn up any extra carbs that I may have accidently ingested during the day..
      Eat Lean :) Train Mean

lil_weiron wrote:

what is the best time to go to the gym? early morning, morning, mid day, mid afternoon, late afternoon or night time? and before or after meals or snacks ?:confused:

it depend on the person, some are morning people and some are not.

i can agree that doing the working first thing will have the effect of raising you metabolism at the start of the day, if you are not a morning person, like me, you wont be able to go as hard.

but regardless of the time, you certainly want to do it before a meal.

if the have fog in you stomach, it used a lot of blood to take in the nutrients and when you workout you muscle will want the greater share of the blood.

this can make you feel rather sick :)