daily carb limit

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• daily carb limit

I recently rented a book from the library called the power of protein, now its a few year old so im not sure how accurate the information is..
      It says depending on how much weight you want to lose determines the amount of daily carb intake ..is this right? How many g of carbs should I include in my day? Also it counts carbs in veggies .do anyone else count vegies as carbs ?.whats the best way to track carbs?
      [Blocked Image: http://swlf.lilyslim.com/6BFTp8.png]

[COLOR="Purple"][SIZE="1"]Goal 01: 75Kg .......................... accomplished!
      Goal 02: 70kg .......................... accomplished!
      Goal 03: 65kg
      Goal 04: 59kg[/SIZE][/COLOR]
    • Re: daily carb limit

Lil most people start at 20g and work up from there. Atkins starts at 20g for two weeks and then goes up in 5g increments per week which will then look like this:

W1 = 20g
      W2 = 20g
      W3 = 25g
      W4 = 30g
      W5 = 35g
      W6 = 40g

and so on until you find where weight loss stops, when it stops you go back 5g and stay there. This though I'd imagine will only work that easily if you have a lot to lose, once closer to goal, calories will come into play sooner.

You definitely need to count carbs in veggies and it's a good thing to do as the process will teach you the value of various veggies, what is good to eat a lot of and what should be only a little. This will help you a lot down the road when maintaining.

To count your carbs you're best to stick with Australian sources as the USDA doesn't calculate them accurately.

If you go to this page: Weightloss Tools

You will find some spreadsheets etc that were shared by members here and if you scroll down to food databases the top two (calorieking and food standards) are the ones you want to use.
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.

just out of curiosity,how do u calculate a tablespoon of mayo or salad dressing etc towards carb count?
      [Blocked Image: http://swlf.lilyslim.com/6BFTp8.png]

[COLOR="Purple"][SIZE="1"]Goal 01: 75Kg .......................... accomplished!
      Goal 02: 70kg .......................... accomplished!
      Goal 03: 65kg
      Goal 04: 59kg[/SIZE][/COLOR]

lil_weiron wrote:

just out of curiosity,how do u calculate a tablespoon of mayo or salad dressing etc towards carb count?

Read the label and per serving is usually something like a tablespoon or teaspoon, 1/2 cup or cup etc.

Or you can get the 100ml measurement and work it out from there.