Salmon lasagne

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Salmon lasagne

Hello everyone
      I thought I'd share the yummiest recipe for salmon lasagne. I came across it on a Scandinavian blog I follow, and it's so awesome that it needs to be shared with all Aussies!

Fish-base
      500 g salmon fillets

Bake the salmon fillets with some salt and pepper on 200 degrees C for around 15 minutes. Continue with the other steps while the salmon is in the oven.

Spinach-layer:

500 g frozen spinach
      3 tablespoons butter
      1 finely chopped red onion
      2 stems of chopped spring onion
      A pinch of salt

Mix ingredients in a pot and let simmer for a few minutes

Lasagna-plates
      I used the recipe from my lasagne-post:aussie-lowcarb-living.blogspot.com.au/2012/03/lasagne.html

Bechamel-sauce
      2 heaped tablespoons butter
      3 tablespoons flour
      500 ml full cream milk
      120 g shredded cheese
      2 gloves of garlic
      Salt and pepper

Melt the butter in a pot, stir in flour and add the milk little by little. When thickened, add the garlic and the cheese.

Now is the time to admit I did something very very naughty: I used white flour....(the shock! The horror!) But I reckoned it was a very small amount, and when I calculated the nutritional values (see below) it wasn't too bad. However, I'd be happy to receive some tips on what can be used in stead to get that silky, bechamel-feeling.

Combining the layers:
      Mash the baked salmon with a fork. Place about half of the salmon in a buttered oven-safe dish.
      Place a layer of the spinach-sauce on top of the fish.
      On top of that, spread about half of the lasagne-plates.
      Cover with a layer of the bechamel-sauce.
      Add another layer: Salmon, then spinach, then bechamel sauce and lasagne-plates.
      Cover with more shredded cheese (I ended up using 90 grams). Put it into the oven and bake on 200 degrees C for around 15 minutes. Let the lasagne rest for 5 minutes before you enjoy this little piece of heaven.

Despite the naughtiness involving white flour, the nutritional values ended up not being at all too bad:

Per portion (based on a total of 6 portions per lasagne)

kcal: 430
      Carbs: 7 g
      Protein: 31 g
      Fat: 31 g

There are some photos on my blog: aussie-lowcarb-living.blogspot…13/06/salmon-lasagne.html