miss pasta?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Hi Makeely, welcome back and were the heck have you been????

We have plenty of newies on the board but missed you and are missing Kegs and a few others too:confused:

Now here in WA I had no luck finding the noodles but on my search one Asian shop assistant did understand what I was looking for and she said that some, not all, contain the same ingredients as those jelly cup things that were band last year as some kids choked on them. So keep looking as I amsure there must be some places there that sell them.

Bf and I are on holiday to Cairns on the 16th for 10 days, can't wait, may even like it that much that I won't come back. hehe:D
      I do remember everyone saying that it was not all it was made out to be in Cairns but we couldn't make up our minds and BF has been years ago and liked it and a few others from here liked it so I thought stuff it, we'll go there, form our own opinion, atleast it will be a hollie day hey.
      :D
    • Hi Sam, while in Fremantle today we looked in an asian supermarket and she only had the blocks of yam paste but said to chop it up, so I bought one. I don't think it will be quite the same as the noodles. While I was in there she showed me dry noodles that are vermicelli, but not rice ones they are mung bean thread. I have searched diet club and can't find any nutritional value for them.
      This is an 8oz pack and dried, I looked up 8oz of mung bean sprouts and they had 14.8 carbs in them, so I wonder were we can find out the info, as I don't know whether these are safe to eat or not.:confused:

Makeely the ingredients are yam flour, water and calcium hydroxide. None of these sound too bad do they? Atleast not to choke anybody.
    • Originally posted by purplepixie
      Makeely the ingredients are yam flour, water and calcium hydroxide. None of these sound too bad do they? Atleast not to choke anybody.

I know but apparently it has happened a few times now....weird....maybe these people should chew a few times before swallowing!!!:(
      Start weight:86kgs
      1st Goal weight:75kgs
      Current weight: 80.5 kgs
      Total Lost: 5.5kgs
    • makeely, have a look at this link, it discusses the recall and ban. you should be able to get the noodles still.

anzfa.gov.au/mediareleasespubl…faurgesrecallonje1164.cfm

pixie, i'll be interested to see how the block of yam paste goes. the mung bean noodles are called harasume and all i can find out is that generally they are made from soybean, rice or potato flour. so that's doesn't help, 'cause yours are mung bean. is there nutritional value on it?
      cheers, sam

go hard...or go home
    • [ipixie, i'll be interested to see how the block of yam paste goes. the mung bean noodles are called harasume and all i can find out is that generally they are made from soybean, rice or potato flour. so that's doesn't help, 'cause yours are mung bean. is there nutritional value on it? [/B]

Nope no nutritional value on it, all that it has is ingredients: green beans.:D

I'll let youu know how the paste goes, its a jelly block and does not look the best, the shop assistant said to chop it up.;)