Low Carb Warm Chicken Salad

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Low Carb Warm Chicken Salad

I made this low-carb salad up the other week when I had my week of peace and quiet and I forgot all about it until now, when downloading pictures from my camera. There's no real ingredient amounts, it's really up to you and you can change or add ingredients very easily. I hope you like it :)

Low Carb Warm Chicken Salad

Ingredients:

Chicken Breast

Salad leaves

Cucumber

Tomatoes

Avocado

Egg Mayonnaise

Balsamic Vinegar

Ground Coriander

Sea Salt, freshly ground

Black Pepper, freshly ground

Olive Oil and/or butter for frying chicken.

Method:

Tenderize chicken breast so that it is even. Coat in a mixture of ground coriander and pepper/salt(to taste) then fry until cooked through. You can change the seasoning with this, taco seasoning is also good but I really liked the ground coriander as the base, I will probably experiment with this more, no need for a flour coating!

Whilst chicken is cooking, wash prepare salad ingredients to your liking. Red onion would be well suited also, maybe even a little carrot. I was going to add boiled egg but forgot.

Mix some egg mayonnaise with some balsamic vinegar to your tastes (just taste as you go)

Slice chicken and assemble ingredients whilst chicken is warm.

That's it, very simple. If you cook extra chicken breast then you can warm through the breast in the oven in some baking paper to keep in the moisture as needed and make up the salad. I'm pretty sure that's what I did when I made this salad now that I think of it.

Very basic but thought I'd share, enjoy :)