Low Carb Fish Pie

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Low Carb Fish Pie

Garry made this the other week, it is another fish pie recipe from Jamie Oliver from his Ministry of Food cookbook. I think some added boiled eggs would be good too if desired.

Low Carb Fish Pie

Ingredients:

1kg of Wild salmon trout, chopped (Jamie suggests 300g salmon, 300g haddock and 125g prawn)
      1 head of cauliflower, cooked and mashed how you like it.
      1 carrot, peeled and grated coarsely
      2 stalks of celery, grated coarsely
      good handful of spinach
      1 tomato, diced
      150g cheddar cheese, grated coarsely
      a few tablespoons of cream
      1 lemon, zest grated finely and juiced
      olive oil
      1/2 red chilli, grated finely
      4 sprigs flat leaf parsley, chopped finely
      freshly ground salt and black pepper

Method:

Preheat oven to 200C

Combine and add all ingredients minus cauliflower to a deep baking tray making sure to reserve some cheese. Add mashed cauli on top and sprinkle over reserved cheese.

Place in oven for around 40mins or until cooked through and golden on top.

YUM
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.
    • Re: Low Carb Fish Pie

Wow that looks great Sherrie. I just got some sun-dried tomatos, those would be good. I can't wait to make it. I need some variation in my fish dishes.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Discipline is remembering what you want."

Nov Walk/Run Challenge:

(Goal = 3 :)/week)

Week1: :):):) (phew, barely made it!)
      Week2: :mad::mad::mad:
      Week3:
      Week4:

• Re: Low Carb Fish Pie

Yes this ones a keeper, I made another one of his a few months ago and didn't like it which is rare as I usually love his recipes.
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.