Low Carb Easy Eggs

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Low Carb Easy Eggs

Hey I was reading a hint on an easy way to make eggs, so that they cook whilst you get kids ready, use little dishes etc...

All you do is preheat oven to 180C, get out some ramekin dishes, melt a bit of coconut oil or butter in them, wack a couple of eggs in them, a dollop of cream on top,season it then chuck in the oven until the yolks are how you want them to be. You could add other variations to it like the ham and eggs cups, like a spinkle of parmesan cheese on top, slice of tomato or spinach on bottom, some mushroom etc...

[The way I do it is crack one egg into the ramekin, lightly season and add a little cheese, then crack another egg, season, top with more cheese then a dollop of pure cream and then sprinkle with parmesan.]

How easy is that? You could do enough for every body all in the one go, let them cool for a few minutes then serve as is!
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sherrie: added photo from last night ().

• I had totally forgot untill recently what I used to make for my lunch in the very beggining which was similar. What I used to do is chuck things like tomatoe, mushroom etc.. into a small cake type pan then beat up a batch of eggs, cream and seasonings, pour some over the top and put remainder in fridge for next time, maybe add cheese then in oven untill ready. But this ramekin idea would use even less dishes and less work hehe
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

• I just made some for lunch and they were yum!!! :D

What I did was melted a dob of butter in the ramekin, greased the sides with it using a pastry brush, cracked open an egg in there, put some cheedar cheese on it, cracked another egg, added some more cheese a dollop of cream, then I seasoned it and sprinkle with parmesean cheese (the fine type) and wacked in the oven. Came out bubbling with a golden top, was great :)

What I reckon would be really really good is to make them in layers with some butter, ham, spinach leaf, 1 egg, leek, mushroom, cheddar, slice of tomatoe, cream, seasoning and parmesean.

An organic bakery near here does it but in a pastry like a pie, it is the best pie you will ever have :)

• Re: Low Carb Breakfast Ideas

I haven't made them for ages, I really like them as the eggs are very tender and with a bit of cream, cheese and even a little of sweet chilli sauce (one with not much sugar) it's like a real treat :)