before and after gym session ???

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• before and after gym session ???

ok so talking to the gym (experts) :rolleyes: they recommend a carb even an apple before and after workout.. Well I take 1/2 I took a whole one today woops.. I was in a rush and went stuff it.. scoop of body effects. (only cause I have some) before I workout which is a whole lot of carbs 15g eek including 4grams of sugar. so ok

and when I came home smashed about 4 large strawberries is this enough or should I be eating protein only help im new to this exercise thing.. lol yes ive walked by bum off but full on workouts at the gym im new too . >>>>????????????????????
    • Re: before and after gym session ???

ok

sinders wrote:

ok so talking to the gym (experts) :rolleyes: they recommend a carb even an apple before and after workout.. Well I take 1/2 I took a whole one today woops.. I was in a rush and went stuff it.. scoop of body effects. (only cause I have some) before I workout which is a whole lot of carbs 15g eek including 4grams of sugar. so ok

and when I came home smashed about 4 large strawberries is this enough or should I be eating protein only help im new to this exercise thing.. lol yes ive walked by bum off but full on workouts at the gym im new too . >>>>????????????????????

kool thanks sherrie so some sort of shake or something like that also had a boiled egg lol

Hey Sinders,

Like Sherrie has said I would look at how your energy levels are and it you are getting really fatigued part way through your work out.
      For yourself I would be thinking depending on what time you train some carbs in your meal a few hours before can help keep the energy level up.
      it is a must for protein shake after training and a good protein based meal a few hours after, this will aid with muscle recovery and is good considering you are close to your goal weight.

P.S. don't worry a protein shake after training and a good protein meals won't have you looking pumped up like the Rock..
      Eat Lean :) Train Mean

Hi Sinders - I am not an expert on this subject but I go to the gym 4 days a week after brekky which is usually greek yoghurt & blueberries by the time I come home it is lunch time when I have a sensible meal - while at the gym I just have my water bottle - this works for me so I hope you find what will work for you :)

Another non expert. I don't eat anything in the 2hrs prior to any cardio workout. 1. because I made the mistake one day a long time ago and it sat in my throat during a spin class and 2. because your body will be trying to burn off the food in your stomach first instead of using the fat on your body for fuel during the workout.

I have a pre workout powder with water half hour before, and a protein shake with water afterwards. Having it with water (after a workout) means it gets into absorbed into your system quicker. Then eat within a couple of hours afterwards.
      :love: Posh.

[COLOR="#FF0000"][SIZE=3]Operation HOT Body[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Start Date 7/9/13 - 107.1kgs

Week 1 - 5.6kgs lost.

Week 2 - 1.2kgs lost.

Week 3 - 0.3kgs lost.

Week 4 - 2.0kgs lost.

Week 5 - 1.2kgs lost.

Week 6/7- 2.6kgs lost.

Week8/9- 2kgs lost.

Week 10 - 1.5kgs lost.

1st Jan - 86kgs