Chia Pudding

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Chia Pudding

I think Chia pudding is the best, protein, low carb, diary free and high fibre .. what more could you ask for. And its a 'superfood'.
      I make mine in Stayfit containers that I got from woollies. The lids have freezable gel in them, so it all stays nice and cold until I get to work and eat it :)

1 serve

1.5 TBS chia seed
      1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
      1 TBS (heaped) Psyllium husk
      1 TBS sugar free maple syrup (you could you any sweetener you like)
      1 TSP cinnamon
      50g frozen mixed berries/blueberries
      10g Goji Berries

I put it all in the container and shake it around for a minute or two, then put in the fridge. I generally add a little bit more almond milk in the morning so that it isn't as gel-like. Yummy! I also added shredded coconut this morning too and it was good too!

All these superfoods in one breakfast, chia, psyllium, cinnamon, goji berries, coconut ... I better live longer :first:

There are a tonne of recipes out there, I have added coconut oil and organic cocoa powder before too which was a tasty difference. I want to make a banana one soon, but am wary of the carbs.

This sounds amazing too..

paleomg.com/overnight-chocolat…e-chia-breakfast-pudding/

Overnight Chocolate Coffee Chia Breakfast Pudding

Serves: 2-4

Ingredients
      ½ cup brewed coffee (chilled)
      ½ cup full fat canned coconut milk
      1 heaping tablespoon almond butter (or other nut or seed butter)
      1 teaspoon vanilla extract
      2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
      1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
      ¼ cup chia seeds

There are so many recipes out there that look amazing! I really want some mason jars so that I can take cool pictures of my creations.