Blueberry coconut cheesecake mousse

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Blueberry coconut cheesecake mousse

BLUEBERRY COCONUT CHEESECAKE MOUSSE

1x can coconut milk (full fat)
      1 1/2 cups of softened cream cheese - I used about 1 and 3/4 blocks of Philly
      1/2 c blueberries
      1 tsp vanilla extract
      2 tablespoons of Natvia or sweetener of your choice and to taste

Blend/Whizz all the above - should be pretty thick but spoonable !
      Layer into dessert glasses , alternate layers of mousse , a few fresh blueberries, then refrigerate a few hours until needed and then top with toasted shredded cocoanut and like 4x blueberries just before serving.

Sorry no picture but this was easy and delicious !! will add pic next time I make it.
      This served 5 people.
      Enjoy Chris
      Less of me - more of life !
    • Re: Blueberry coconut cheesecake mousse

ChrisA wrote:

BLUEBERRY COCONUT CHEESECAKE MOUSSE

1x can coconut milk (full fat)
      1 1/2 cups of softened cream cheese - I used about 1 and 3/4 blocks of Philly
      1/2 c blueberries
      1 tsp vanilla extract
      2 tablespoons of Natvia or sweetener of your choice and to taste

Blend/Whizz all the above - should be pretty thick but spoonable !
      Layer into dessert glasses , alternate layers of mousse , a few fresh blueberries, then refrigerate a few hours until needed and then top with toasted shredded cocoanut and like 4x blueberries just before serving.

Sorry no picture but this was easy and delicious !! will add pic next time I make it.
      This served 5 people.
      Enjoy Chris

Yum Chris, how did I miss this. Something to make as a treat once I've lost. Thanks for sharing. Samx:)

Yum! For once I have all the ingredients required.
      Will have to make this for a treat - have just purchased Mastercook Software (version 14) to keep track of recipes and carb counts.
      Thanks so much for this one - sounds delish.
      Cheers,

Ozgal (LCHF looks like the plan for me)

It's all about the journey!

Hi Chris,

Can I ask what size can of coconut milk you used for this recipe?

I have two sizes in my pantry (Ayam 270 mL) and another brand that holds more than this (not inside right now, but know it's more than 270 mL).

I am hanging out for something rich, creamy and delicious!
      Cheers,

Ozgal (LCHF looks like the plan for me)

It's all about the journey!

Hi Oz , I used the 270 ml can. . . you will tell by how thick it becomes. Just remember it will thicken slightly on chilling. I just made another version of this using Cocoa powder , coconut milk, Natvia, cream cheese & vanilla essence and layered it with frozen berries - looked awesome. Enjoy !!!
      Less of me - more of life !