Daily carb v fats v protein

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Daily carb v fats v protein

I've been using MyFitnessPal and have just noticed that on different days my carb protein and fat pie charts show a really high fat ratio and surprising carb count. Does anyone know what is the ideal? 50% protein 25 carb and 25 fat or whatever the optimal combination is to loose weight?
    • Re: Daily carb v fats v protein

This was my last few days ( according to Myfitness pal )

45% protein 18% carb 36% fats
      38% / 31/ 31
      39 /25 /36
      41 / 19 / 40
      16 / 17 / 67
      43/41/16
      41 / 29 / 30 ( today so far )

Any help would be appreciated. Maybe not all proteins are created equal? Maybe my proteins are too high in fat?

WOW! I wonder why my carbs are sooooo high.
      Brekky - boiled egg with spinach and a tomato or Egg in one of those new Rollie machines ( 1 day I had bread as recommended but I wont do that again as I gained today )
      Lunch: tuna or 100grams of ham plus a big salad of lettuce, tomato 1 mushroom 3 capsicum 1/4 continental cucumber about 7cm sliced and 1`dollop of Paul Newmans ( which was approved on Tony Ferguson ). Coffee splash of milk and stevia x 1. Snacks Atkins protein bars or protein shake with water. Dinner 100grams chicken or mince and stir fry veggies ( broc, zucchini, spinach, onion, mushroom, beans, snow peas ) with splash of seaseme oil, oyster sauce and soy.

Hi Lawrence
      You have done an amazing job with your transformation!!
      What does your day look like on a plate to keep your carbs so low?
      I have slightly high cholesterol will a very high fat diet impact that?
      Also do you weight train as well as cardio?

I just did a cheat meal yesterday and WOW I gained 1kg so I'm on protein only today! Hopefully it will balance out.

Hills wrote:

Hi Lawrence
      You have done an amazing job with your transformation!!
      What does your day look like on a plate to keep your carbs so low?
      I have slightly high cholesterol will a very high fat diet impact that?
      Also do you weight train as well as cardio?

I just did a cheat meal yesterday and WOW I gained 1kg so I'm on protein only today! Hopefully it will balance out.

I base my meals around grassfed meats, butter, avocado, deli meats, egg yolks, cheese, organ meat and green veggies that are low in net carbs.

I eat once per day sometimes snack on nuts.

Yesterday I ate:
      Omlette:
      Pancetta (bacon but from the belly I hate middle bacon)
      Vintage cheddar
      Egg yolk
      Butter

Ate that with one avocado, quite filling.

Other times
      Mince meat
      Liver
      Bacon
      Pancetta
      Garlic
      Avocado

Another meal
      Broccoli cooked in tonnes of butter
      Rib eye steak (grass fed well marbled)
      Bacon wrapped around the steak
      Cooked in butter and or coconut oil
      Avocado.

Don't worry about cholesterol if you eat the right foods. I have seen two docs for mine.
      Conventional doc: cholesterol is too high eat less fat
      Low carb doc: Your cholesterol is fine, you are just a hyper responder, your LDL is high as you are in a state of weight loss, and building muscle tends to up regulate LDL in some people as you need LDL to be delivered to the muscle to build it. Your pre and post numbers show a massive increase in HDL and an even larger decrease in Trigs, this means LDL particles are become larger and more buoyant which is protective and you have the same LDL just the particle has more cholesterol in it. If you want to look deeper here are some nonstandard tests we can run, but if you keep eating well, and feel great, and have lost weight, reversed the 3-4 criteria for metabolic syndrome you presented previously, don't worry about the tests, take a step back, enjoy life and stress less about it.

I only do strength training no cardio, unless you coun't doing stuff I find fun like playing tennis once in a blue moon, or taking the dog for the odd walk when my sister can't.

I did a cheat meal, my total carbs for the day was 150g which is low if you ask some people, but I did get to eat 500g of icecream muhahaha.

This is funny about cholesterol caloriegate.com/atkins-diet/aw…carb-moment-3-cholesterol

Sherrie wrote:

Thyroid problems cause high cholesterol, you just need to fix your thyroid. You might not want to go very low carb whilst fixing your thyroid.

I read that, but my thyroid tests have come out fine, leaky gut can also cause high cholestrol and I have leaky gut, waiting for my l-glutamine to come, and then I will start going paleo auto-immune.