I feel like a sponge....

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• I feel like a sponge....

Dec 2 - increased the exercise and fitness side of life with strength (hand weights) and daily power walks - Dukan plan
      Jan 4 - continued this exercise regime (and can now use the 2.5kg handweights) and switched to LCHF , BUT I look bloated (tummy and water retention on thighs) Weight hasn't moved basically since December ( 55.9 once a week then 56.4 kg)

If anyone has gone though this, can you help with tips for the bloating or will it go away by itself ? I drink enough water, have no problems with bowels and I feel great. I am hoping for at least improved measurement reading at the end of January + improved strength and fitness, which is happening already.
      Cheers,
      Patty

HW 2003: 65 kg

Maintenance 2005 - 2015: 55 - 57 kg ....tick
      Maintenance Goal for 2016: 54 - 55 kg.... tick
      Maintenance Goal for 2017: 54 - 55 kg .... tick
      Maintenance Goal for 2018: 54 - 55 kg
    • Re: I feel like a sponge....

Full fat cream, more nuts, black coffee. Should I cut out some dairy and eat less nuts to see if that helps?
      Cheers,
      Patty

It could be that you need to increase dairy and fats slowly to give your digestion time to catch up as when you omit something it takes time for your digestive system to catch up producing the enzymes needed when you bring it back in. E.g. If you eat low fat for a while your body will stop producing as many enzymes to break down fat because it doesn't need them.

Makes sense. I've been low fat most of my life, so increasing fats is all new to me and has it's surprises. I believe fats take longer to break down than proteins and carbs. Thanks.
      I'm about to start taking 10 fish oil capsules per day ...have read that it helps with the transition.
      Cheers,
      Patty

The post was edited 1 time, last by Patty ().

Patty wrote:

Dec 2 - increased the exercise and fitness side of life with strength (hand weights) and daily power walks - Dukan plan
      Jan 4 - continued this exercise regime (and can now use the 2.5kg handweights) and switched to LCHF , BUT I look bloated (tummy and water retention on thighs) Weight hasn't moved basically since December ( 55.9 once a week then 56.4 kg)

If anyone has gone though this, can you help with tips for the bloating or will it go away by itself ? I drink enough water, have no problems with bowels and I feel great. I am hoping for at least improved measurement reading at the end of January + improved strength and fitness, which is happening already.

Realise now this was inflammation of muscle tissue, especilly visible on abs (stomach) and thighs. Learn something every day.
      Cheers,
      Patty