The low down on "low carb" bars containing glycerol/glycerine

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• The low down on "low carb" bars containing glycerol/glycerine

Howdy,

Found an interesting article that discusses the low down on so-called "low carb" bars that advertise carb counts too good to be true. Check the label of your favourite low carb bar for the ingredient glycerol/glycerine. Then read the article below. Might help explain why you have stalled or even gained after eating "low carb" bars.

biologicnr.com/gambling-with-glycerine-carbohydrate-or-not/

I think my sweet tooth will always be with me, no matter how hard I try to rein it in. As such, I'm always on the lookout for "legal" sweet treats.

So disappointing that we are often the victims of "false" advertising in the low carb food industry.

Hope this helps others. ;)
      Cheers,

Ozgal (LCHF looks like the plan for me)

It's all about the journey!

The post was edited 2 times, last by ozgal ().

• Re: The low down on "low carb" bars containing glycerol/glycerine

Hi Sherrie,

I agree. I actually made a rip snorter of a chockie fix a few days ago. A coconut, peanut butter, cocoa fat bomb!

Low in carbs but more a "LCHF" type recipe.

Very nice and so easy to make.

I will add it to the recipe section.

Sometimes, though, it's nice to have a treat when out and about.

But, I will now be thinking a lot harder about any products that advertise carb counts too good to be true.

The article I posted above really opened my eyes!
      Cheers,

Ozgal (LCHF looks like the plan for me)

It's all about the journey!