Chocolate Fat Bomb - good for those on LCHF - no cooking required

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Chocolate Fat Bomb - good for those on LCHF - no cooking required

Hi there,

Made this recently - reminiscent of coconut rough but not sickly sweet.

[Blocked Image: http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t295/ozgal33/FatBombCoconutPeanutButterandCocoa-1.jpg]

METHOD

Melt coconut oil and butter in microwave in medium bowl.
      Remove bowl from microwave and add rest of the ingredients.
      Pour mix into small baking tray (I used a rectangular pyrex dish).
      Put in fridge for 30 minutes (it will set like regular chocolate).
      Take out of fridge and score into 16 serves.
      The first portion is always the hardest to remove from tray.

Can melt slightly when eating - have fun licking your fingers!

OPTIONS

Use whichever sweetener you prefer - equivalent to 2 tsps regular sugar. As above, I used PureSweet Xylitol. I do not add any values for this product.
      This would be a good recipe to test out tagatose (still have to order some of that myself but Sherrie and Lala have been happy with it so far - especially non baked items).

BIG TIP

Buy a silicone chocolate making mould - that's what I am going to do. I believe the bombs will pop out easily with that. Again, adjust your counts depending on serving size.
      Cheers,

Ozgal (LCHF looks like the plan for me)

It's all about the journey!

The post was edited 13 times, last by ozgal ().

• Re: Chocolate Fat Bomb - good for those on LCHF - no cooking required

My pleasure, Kel.

Keep in mind though - only "reminiscent" of coconut rough. Not quite the same as the real McCoy.

I think there is room to tweak the recipe further by adding extra chopped nuts or more coconut to it - being sure to count additional carbs, etc. of course.
      Cheers,

Ozgal (LCHF looks like the plan for me)

It's all about the journey!