Low Carb Anzac Biscuits

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Low Carb Anzac Biscuits

Ok this is my first attempt at low carb anzac biscuits, the flavour is definitely there but I still want to play around with the recipe. This is the chewy not crispy version.

This recipe is for half a normal recipe, I made the mistake of using just one tray, they were too big and spread together but also meant I didnt cook them for long enough so put them back in the oven when I realized they were not going to firm up anymore. So my next lot over 2 trays should be better.

I used tagatose in this recipe and had no browning issues, I also made normal anzacs so had normal ones to compare so definitely no issue with browning. I uses caramel syrup made from tagotose to replace the golden syrup but I am sure you can substitute with anything.

These are a little softer then the normal ones but that could be due to my mistake with using one tray. Maya made the normal ones small so they had no issues with cooking time.

I am rushing this, will look through again tomorrow :)

Low Carb Anzac Biscuits

1/2 cup almond meal (blanched)
      1/2 cup dessicated coconut (finely shredded)
      1/2 cup almond flakes
      1/3 cup of tagatose or other sweetener of your choice
      1/4 tsp xanthum gum
      60g butter
      1 TBL Caramel Syrup (you could use sugar free maple syrup or just add more sweetener to mix)
      1/2 tsp bicarb soda
      1 TBL boiling water

Preheat oven to 140C fan forced 160C gas

Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.

Melt butter and syrup if using.

Combine all dry ingredients except the bicarb.

Dissolve bicarb with boiling water and then add to butter mixture and stir.

Combine butter mixture with dry mix and then roll into balls over 2 trays. Press down slightly with fork

Place in oven 15 or so minutes.

Cool on trays for 5 minutes then place on wire rack to finish cooling.

Enjoy!

Another photo to show how thin they spread out:

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sherrie: add photo ().